Title: Director of Regional Program Support
Location: United States
At the Red Cross, there is no such thing as a small disaster. In every single case it is our mission to help people affected by disaster meet their emergency needs that include shelter, food, clothing, and health and mental health services. As a paid staff member, you will support our loyal Red Cross disaster volunteers who serve selflessly to provide a bridge of assistance until individuals and families can resume a normal life. Our disaster volunteers are the heart and soul of our mission to respond to emergencies and provide relief to victims of disasters. They serve in a number of capacities, including Disaster Action Team Member, Disaster Assessment, Caseworker, Mass Care Feeding, Emergency Response Vehicle (ERV) Driver, Shelter Manager/Staff, Disaster Health Services and Disaster Mental Health.
The American Red Cross is seeking a Director of Regional Program Support to work remotely from anywhere in the US. You must be able to work an East Coast schedule, have a valid driver’s license, be willing to travel and work on call 24/7 as needed.
Direct management of program ensuring that implementation and defined activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives. Provide planning, design and implementation to assigned program area. Direct and oversee the work assignment and performance of staff and volunteers. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures and other applicable Federal, State and local regulations.
- Plan and develop methods and procedures for implementing programs, direct and coordinate program activities, and exercise control over staff responsible for specific functions or phases of program.
- Direct and coordinate activities concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of program. Ensure consistent delivery of programs, quality and growth of programs and the integration with other programs within the organization.
- Build financially sound, executable, data-driven business strategies in support of a program area and/or services. Develop growth strategy for area of responsibility.
- Review reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objectives and modify methodology as required to obtain objectives.
- Develop and implement short and long-term strategies to integrate priorities into the overall organization business plan and manage the execution of those strategies.
- Hire, manage, and evaluate direct and indirect staff. Direct staff, to includes Managers, in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and programs.
- May work in conjunction with internal departments and external government and/or non-government agencies in the development of grant procurement and/or fundraising strategies.
- Assists and develops good programmatic management with the Regional Disaster Officers, Sr. Disaster Program Managers, Disaster Program Managers and Disaster Program Specialists.
- Will help the region to develop programs so they can be successful with the wide variety of programs inside of disaster services.
- Must be able to develop relationships with the field and work to understand how they are doing, speak to career-pathing and workforce development.
- Must have good landscape knowledge of DCS programs and how they are delivered in the field.
- Must have the ability to form and build healthy relationships with a large base of employees.
- Must have a strategic vision and where they want to see this program go.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- 5 years of management experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work on a team.
- Travel required 60 – 70%.