ClickHouse has arrived: we are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
ClickHouse is searching for individuals who are not just knowledgeable about what they do, but want to learn more. Our ideal candidates are thinkers and doers who are not afraid to take on various roles and responsibilities as they grow with the company. If you are looking for a place to build something new, be an agent of change, and have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the company's success, this is the place for you.
About the Team
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for building cloudnative ClickHouse Cloud Platform that will transform the OLAP space. Our team is looking for exceptional software engineers who can build platforms and enforce processes to ensure world class security by default with a universal and tightly integrated observability stack along with tooling to make things easier to integrate. The team focuses on ensuring high availability, reliability, scalability for our customers and helps them make data driven decisions.
What will you do?
- Build cutting edge cloud native platform on top of the public cloud.
- Work closely with our ClickHouse core development team, security team and partner with them to produce the SAS offering.
- Deliver frameworks and platforms that are secure, efficient, mature and highly available that abstract away infrastructure complexity.
- Systematically improve availability by applying industry and distributed systems best practices.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- Architecting and building a robust, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure
- You have 5+ years of relevant software development industry experience building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems.
- Software development experience in Go, C/C++, Java, or similar.
- Experience developing cloud infrastructure services, preferably with Kubernetes.
- Experience leading and shipping large scope technical projects in collaboration with multiple experienced engineers.
- Expertise with a public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure) and their infrastructure as a service offering (e.g. EC2).
- You are a full-cycle developer: strong ownership and experience building and operating high-scale, distributed systems across the full software life cycle.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and across engineering teams.
- You are a strong problem solver and have solid production debugging skills.
- You are passionate about efficiency, availability, scalability and data governance.
- You Thrive in a fast paced environment, and see yourself as a partner with the business with the shared goal of moving the business forward.
- You have a high level of responsibility, ownership, and accountability
ClickHouse, Inc. is also committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in the state of Colorado: The salary range for this position is $150,000 -180,000 and up. A candidate's final compensation will be determined by multiple factors to include, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications. As part of our compensation package, this role may include bonuses, equity, and/or commissions.
- Flexible work environment- All of our roles are fully remote. We do not check when you log in or out. You are the owner of your calendar because work-life balance is important to us.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits. We aim to be a best-in-class provider for all of our employees.
- Equity- Any new team member who joins our company is eligible to receive stock options.
- Our competitive time-off policy complies with all local country laws at a minimum of given time off + all paid bank holidays
ClickHouse, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.