Remote Job Description Template
After reviewing hundreds of remote job listings on DailyRemote, we have developed the generic free remote job listing template for you to use. Post a remote job with us. If you're a candidate looking for a remote job, sign up to receive the latest remote jobs!
Explain here why your company's awesome, including the COMPANY’s mission, working style, history, and everything exciting about it.
Responsibilities and duties
- Include details and a clear outline of the responsibilities of the position.
- You need to list all of the things your new remote worker will do
- Who will they work with? Who will they report to?
- When do you expect your candidates to be available, do you have any obligations for them on-site, etc.
- Makr sure to mention all the traveling to be done, meetings to attended, extra long hours of work if required to be done, and work with tight deadlines should be included.
- Be transparent with your remote expectations from candidates. Is it mandatory to attend all the meetings?
- State what is REQUIRED & what is OPTIONAL.
- Be specific about the experiences, education, skills, and abilities that you’re looking for in a job seeker.
- Explain clearly about timezone, country, and language requirements, if applicable to the job.
- List out what technical and soft skills the candidate needs to have to fulfill their duties and expectations of the job.
- Be upfront and write specifically about any travels, either retreats or business trips required by the job.
- Mention all benefits offered by the company such as Health insurance, a 401(k) with a matching benefit, unlimited paid time off, student loan matching benefit, insurance, vacation, family perks/policies, bonuses, and allowance for training and education
- If your company hosts gatherings that include every employee and cover the expenses, you should definitely put that in writing.
- Also mention stipend offered and home office hardware provided such as a new laptop, other tools, health and wellness stipend, and whatever else your company provides.
Include your tech stack such as Ruby on Rails, Rust, AWS, Heroku, PostgreSQL, or other technologies you use and any other specific tools used.
Who Should Apply?
Describe the ideal candidate you’re looking for. List out the characteristics and soft skills required in an ideal candidate who should apply to this job.
About Us/ Who We Are / Our Story
- Promote your company mission, core values, and culture.
Share what you’re solving for your customers, the company's goals, principles, failures, and successes.
- Mention all the perks and benefits your company offers
Mention your ways of working, levels of inclusion, work policy, as well as how a typical workday operates, how does the team meets, and what are the meeting schedules a everyday.
- Share your company's take on diversity & inclusion as well equality and state your commitment to providing equal opportunities to job seekers and employees.
- Share all the tools you use/love
- Share a Salary Range to attract top qualified candidates (eg. $60,000-$150,000)
& Employment status
- Also mention if your hiring for full time positions or contract and part-time roles.
- Also answer questions like "Is salary calculated locally or globally?"
What your take on being remote? Your Remote Philosophy
- Include details about your remote situation. Are you remote-first or remote-friendly or hybrid?
- Are you looking for candidates in a specific region or time zone?
- Why are you a remote company?
- When do you hold meetups or retreats? Ex: We meet on a yearly basis for in-person team retreats (all flights and accommodations are covered) and have team meetings once a week online
- Clarify any restrictions on location ( "US citizens only" ≠ "US time zones only" ≠ "US locations only")
- How do you collaboration? Is overlap required? How many hours? Any asynchronous work?
How to Apply/ Application Process
- How long will the process last, how many steps are there?
- How soon can a candidate expect to hear back? Do you reply to all?
- Brief summary of the next steps for successful candidates
- What should the candidate expect in the coming weeks ?
- How would you help them to grow in the job if hired?