At Trane Technologies and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Job Summary: Responsible for the design of aftermarket service product offerings. Accountable to design high-quality, service solutions on time and within budget. This role will assume primary responsibility for the application of controls and electrical aspects of the service product offerings.
*This role can be 100% remote*
- Proficiency in one or more of the following fields is a plus:
- HVAC Systems Engineering knowledge. Develop performance analyses to ensure all systems are operational and efficient.
- HVAC Controls Engineering knowledge. Understand control algorithms to design equipment and systems with desired behavior in a controlled environment.
- HVAC Electrical Engineering. Develop, upgrade, test, monitor, and generate drawings of electrical components and HVAC equipment.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction.
- Performs complex design and analysis activities involving electronic controls, refrigerant, airside, and waterside systems in the HVAC industry.
- Effectively uses engineering principles and practices to produce high quality aftermarket service offerings that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Uses a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, Trane selection programs, Trane modeling programs, and specialty vendor programs to create unit performance tables, dimensioned construction drawings, schematics, B.O.M.s, and IOM manuals.
- Assists in creation of schematics, design layout and programming.
- Creates and/or assists in the creation of literature such as Engineering bulletins and operation manuals.
- Follows product engineering standards to maintain and improve quality and comply with industry and listing agency requirements.
- Capable of answering basic questions on engineering design, programming and schematics.
- Receives guidance and direction from other Project Engineers, Project Managers and Engineering leaders.
- Capable of giving guidance to engineering co-op students, when applicable.
- Assists and maintains product line management.
- Participates in engineering reviews and engineering risk management discussions.
- Has oversight of service offering product testing including occasionally testing product directly.
- Supports sales, engineering, technical support and production staff when engineering assistance is needed.
- Promotes continuous technical and professional learning.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside normal work hours/weekends when needed.
- Flexibility to occasionally travel with occasional overnight stays.
- General experience: 3-7 years
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; or a minimum of four (4) years of project engineering, controls, HVAC or related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD and/or Pro -E. Familiarity with the operation of HVAC systems, temperature controls, and energy management systems preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, management, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as percentages, area, circumference, volume, discounts, interest, and proportions. Ability to use basic algebra and trigonometry. Ability to apply these concepts and disciplines to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License
Certification in HVAC/Refrigeration (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires working in both a typical conditioned office environment and a typical semi-conditioned shop/lab environment. The noise level in the office environment is usually moderate. The noise level in the shop/lab environment is usually loud. While performing the duties of this job required in the shop, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and fumes or airborne particles. Occasional work outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms, in extreme weather conditions, and in areas with vibration are possible. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and high, precarious places.
We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability,status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Base Pay Range (for Colorado Residents): Minimum: $75,000 Maximum: $110,000
Disclaimer: This "range" could be a result of seniority, merit, geographic location where the work is performed, education, experience, travel requirements for the job, or because of a system the employer uses to measure earnings by quantity or quality of production (so, for example, positions that may not have traditional salary ranges).
.Benefits vary by region, business alignment, union involvement and employee status.