About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director for Projects Southeast Asia & India, the Director of Projects - TAIWAN will:
· Proactively lead and manage Project Delivery and Operations in Taiwan. Provide strong leadership from project management, contract development, execution to successful handover to Services, working in close collaboration with relevant functional groups across APAC
· Direct the development of near and long-term resource planning with the functional teams to ensure high quality, safe, and well-managed project installations for Core Only/full EPC wrap. scope This includes leadership development and team building, project and G&A budget creation, management and review of standards of performance, and continuous organizational improvement across functions in the TAIWAN region.
· Be responsible for the P&L across all Fluence projects in Taiwan. This person and their team will be responsible to ensure all Fluence projects are delivered safely, to code, on time, on budget and to the customers’ satisfaction. This will be done in conformance with an internal quality program certified to ISO 9001 with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
· Complex stakeholder management & customer focused communication style
· This person is a decision maker, and will provide leadership and guidance in project management to the TAIWAN organization, including interfacing cross-functional teams in APAC.
· Proactively work with customers, suppliers, partners, sales and senior management as necessary to ensure full life-cycle project deliverables are met in terms of quality and delivery excellence.
· Participate in business improvement projects including documenting and communicating initial project plans and any changes to the plan to battery storage team.
· Support the Sales teams in project development, and tendering with schedules that meet procurement and customer needs.
· Be responsible for assessing and managing risk and the associated impact to projects, ensuring lessons learnt and continuous improvement.
· Be responsible for compliance to Fluence Delegation of Authority, SOG and support Audits and corrective actions for TAIWAN.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
· Degree as state-certified technical engineer and a +10 year overall experience in renewable energy business with at least 3-5 years Project Director experience in project management and electrical subsystems
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
· Proven ability to build and manage operational teams, providing guidance for delivery of complex projects with project management excellence
· Experience in renewable sector is highly desirable
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, influence without authority, and manage conflict situations with a can do attitude
· Outstanding communication, analytical, and organizational skills
· Experience managing Project Managers and building high-performing organization with mutually beneficial long-term relationships
· Must have a deep knowledge of project management, construction management, engineering, electrical systems, utility practices, procurement and supply contracts and related industry practices to be able to guide, mentor, and foster leaders to high performance in these areas.
· Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders and inter-cultural teams.
· Liaise with the Australian Leadership team to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
· Proven ability to balance conflicting priorities across multiple business units, to achieve organizational objectives
· Self-directed individual who is able to work with limited direction in a fast-paced environment
· Proven track record of success in Project Management
· Experience creating and managing integrated timelines and budgets
· Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project)
· Strong communicator and relationship builder who give / earn trust and respect of the client team and internal project, engineering, commissioning and business administrators as well as external partners and contributors
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
Read our advice on how to answer the most common interview questions.