Seeking a Front-End Developer to join our software development team. You will be responsible for building the client-side of our applications but an understanding of full-stack development would be beneficial. This position supports a long-running Federal project (some people have been there 15+ years) and all development work is 100% remote. Would prefer someone in the same Central time zone.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use in applications across the department.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to reorganize and update application information architecture.
- Analyze business requirements and assist with their definition, documentation, and implementation.
- Perform software design, documentation, implementation, and testing.
- Troubleshoot potential and reported problems and provide effective solutions.
- May perform a lead role for software assignments and provide training and mentorship to mid and junior-level developers.
- Research, as necessary, external tools to meet development objectives.
- Three to four (3-4) years of professional front-end development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Some experience with asp.net/c# would be a plus
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Fetch API.
- Strong understanding of Web Component standards like Material UI.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Team Foundation Server.
- Strong ability to interpret design prototypes and wireframes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship