Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Do you love solving business problems with technology? Are you an innovator? Do you love to learn and thrive navigating new situations and environments? Come help us transform how regulatory information is managed in Life Sciences! Veeva’s Vault RIM suite is the industry’s only unified software solution that provides fully integrated regulatory information management (RIM) capabilities including data and document management, submission publishing and archival on a single cloud-based platform.
Veeva Systems is looking for leaders in Life Sciences consulting with system implementation experience and a passion for helping customers optimize their regulatory data and document management process.
As a key member of our Professional Services team, the Senior Consultant will be responsible for understanding our customers’ global regulatory needs, translating requirements into solution design, and defining global strategies for deploying our cloud-based solution for managing regulatory information across the enterprise.
Opportunities are available within the EU for this role; this is a remote position. There is no work location requirement if a candidate is in close proximity to an airport and able to meet travel requirements. Qualified EU based candidates are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Lead software implementation projects at life sciences companies ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs
- Lead the solution design for how your customer will implement and use the Vault Regulatory suite (Vault Registrations, Vault Submissions, Vault Submissions Archive, Vault Publishing)
- Lead requirements workshops, design, prototype, configure and document content management/registration data solutions
- Architect multi-year and multi-phased implementation programs to deploy Vault RIM across an organization globally
- Program and project management including resource planning, leading and motivating a cross-functional team, and project tracking and forecasting
- Primary customer liaison managing communication between the project team, customer and internal stakeholders
- Mentor project team and junior consultants in the R&D Services organization
- Work closely with business and IT staff from the clients to understand their requirements. Think critically to help them design the solution they actually need; not just the solution they think they need
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement lifecycle
- 8+ years experience working with life sciences companies performing system implementation experience either as a consultant, business or IT representative for at least one of the following systems: Document Management (Documentum, OpenText, Sharepoint), Registration Data Tracking Systems, XEVMPD, IDMP, SPL, eCTD
- In-depth knowledge of drug development processes and regulatory information management or regulatory submissions; including, Labeling, Submission Publishing and/or Viewing systems
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate excellently with diverse stakeholders and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Influential; experience leading teams through hard decisions and negotiating compromises
- Technical abilities and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to design and implement a RIM solution
- Expert on life sciences compliance and computer systems validation requirements
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel 50-70%
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the EU. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position
Nice to Have
- Direct experience with systems such as Veeva Vault, PAREXEL/ LIQUENT InSight, CSC Regulatory Tracker, ArisGlobal Register, OpenText, SharePoint, Documentum, FirstDoc/FirstPoint, NextDocs, CARA, Salesforce, Workday, Oracle, SAP, Lorenz Docubridge, Extedo eCTD Manager, Master Control, Trackwise, other regulatory information management or submission publishing systems, etc.
- Consulting experience, working with a major system integrator or software vendor
- Regulatory Affairs, Regulatory Operations or Pharmacovigilance background
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, and/or Medical Device and Diagnostics regulatory processes, data and content
- PMP certification
- Execution experience with Agile methodology and/or ACP Certification
- Life Science, computer science or related degree
- SaaS/Cloud experience
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: German, French, Spanish, Italian
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.