Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is looking for a hands-on Senior QA Manager who has an automation-first mindset to lead our QA team for the Digital Trials Platform. You will be leading a team of QA and Automation engineers across the US and India and working with Development Managers and Product Managers across multiple teams owning all aspects of Software Quality for Web, APIs, and Mobile. The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic environment, will be highly technical, and detail-oriented, has excellent problem-solving abilities, and will be able to communicate and influence at all levels.
What You'll Do
- Manage the QA Team and own all aspects of Software Quality (test planning, test cases, and coverage review, regression management) for Web, APIs, and Mobile
- Responsible for the timely & quality delivery of features for the platform
- Collaborate with development managers on feature sprint planning and provide metrics on testing progress
- Assess and size the testing and automation effort
- Be responsible for identifying risks and working with the appropriate product development owners to ensure critical and high-risk items are prevented prior to release
- Be a trusted partner for senior management to determine the best solutions, help drive alignment, and implement decisions throughout your team
- Grow the team and mentor the team (owns hiring)
- Qualified candidates must be knowledgeable about computer applications/systems/tools commonly used for tracking QA aspects of a SaaS offering, eg: TestRail, Jira, Confluence, and other Atlassian applications
- Experience (at least 8+ years) managing a team of QA and Automation engineers & leads with effective communication skills
- Proven hands-on QA manager experience, well-versed in Java applications and database testing
- Possess an excellent end-to-end understanding of QA processes, organization, and techniques to drive quality into the product
- Ability to anticipate organizational and technical issues, and the ability to provide detailed projections and post-mortems
- Ability to generate precise and concise functional testing metrics and measures of quality
- Work with a team of 10 to 15 members to ensure quality deliverables
- Experience with java based Open Source automation such as Selenium, REST Assured, and Cucumber
- Experience in creating, documenting & refining QA engineering processes
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s in mathematics, Computer Science/Applications, or a similar field
Nice to Have
- Life sciences domain knowledge, especially the regulatory area
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Atlassian products like Jira
- Hands-on Java and API automation
- Infrastructure knowledge especially in AWS
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $120,000 - $240,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.