The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the go-to nonprofit authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has raised over $1.9 billion and launched more than 1,300 programs impacting a variety of health threats from chronic disease conditions including cardiovascular disease and cancer, to infectious diseases like rotavirus and HIV, to emergency responses, including COVID-19 and Ebola. The CDC Foundation managed hundreds of programs in the United States and in more than 90 countries last year. Visit www.cdcfoundation.org for more information.
Position Title: Quality Assurance Specialist III
Location: This position is located in Carson City, Nevada and will be working part time in the office and part time telecommuting for the foreseeable future.
Position End Date: 9/29/2024
The CDC Foundation is seeking a full-time, 40 hours per week Quality Assurance Specialist III to support the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH) and State Opioid Response Grant.
· The candidate should possess skills related to auditing procedures and evaluation techniques for comprehensive services including hospital or residential services and community-based programs
· Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in nursing, social work, public health, or related field is required.
· Experience performing program evaluation, quality assurance/improvement, and/or utilization review activities for a human services program or agency is preferred.
· A state driver's license is required, with appropriate insurance coverage and reliable vehicle, to perform the essential duties of the position.
· Design, implement, and oversee a comprehensive quality assurance program encompassing community-based programs and inpatient services
· Lead and participate in evaluation of facility, program, and/or agency policies, and procedures
· Conduct and serve on committees to formulate solutions
· Serve as liaison to accrediting and regulatory agencies
· Interpret federal and State regulations
· Identify problems relating to treatment methodology, standards of care, and client services
· Prepare each agency service area for audits
This role is involved in a dynamic public health program. As such, roles and responsibilities are subject to change as situations evolve. Roles and responsibilities listed above may be expanded upon or updated to match priorities and needs, once written approval is received by both the CDC Foundation and Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, in order to best support the State of Nevada in their public health programming.
This position requires the regular operation of a motor vehicle during the course and scope of employment as an essential function of the job. As such, Employees in this position must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence, must self-report motor vehicle violations/convictions, and must provide proof of acceptable insurance coverage with mandatory minimum coverages as set forth within the Driver Safety Motor Vehicle Policy
(“Policy”). All offers of employment and continued employment for this position are contingent upon meeting all minimum qualifications of this Policy.
This position is located in Carson City, Nevada and will be working part time in the office and part time telecommuting for the foreseeable future. CDC Foundation retains the right to make adjustments to this as required.\n
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.
Read our advice on how to answer the most common interview questions.