Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is looking for a QA Director who has an automation-first mindset to grow and lead our QA team for Digital Trials Platform. You will be leading a team of QA and Automation engineers across US and India and working with Development Managers and Product Managers across multiple teams owning all aspects of Software Quality for Web, APIs and Mobile. The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic environment, will be highly technical, detail-oriented, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and will be able to communicate and influence at all levels.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of 15 to 25 QA and Automation engineers and own all aspects of Software Quality (test planning, test cases and coverage review, regression management, etc.) for Web, APIs,, and Mobile
- Recruit, hire, and onboard top engineering talent to continuously strengthen the team
- Responsible for the timely & quality delivery of features for the platform
- Build out an automation-first approach and strategy to increase software quality
- Drive multi-team interaction and collaboration to meet product release readiness
- Understand platform dependencies and application separation, identify risks, and coordinate appropriate end-to-end and system-level testing prior to release
- Work actively with Development leaders and Managers on feature sprint planning
- Set and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for QA teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality software.
- Implement continuous improvement processes to enhance QA efficiency and product reliability.
- Actively help drive tools and QA process improvements to increase quality, and stay updated on industry trends and emerging technologies to drive innovation
- 10+ years experience managing a team of QA and Automation engineers with effective communication skills
- Experience managing Managers with a track record of successful leadership and mentorship
- Strong technical background with expertise in test automation, Java applications, API testing, AWS, and database testing.
- Possess an excellent end-to-end understanding of QA processes, organization, and techniques to drive quality into the product
- Ability to anticipate organizational and technical issues and the ability to provide detailed projections and post-mortems
- Experience with Java based Open Source automation such as Selenium, REST Assured, and Cucumber
- Experience in creating, documenting & refining QA engineering processes
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s in mathematics, Computer Science/Applications, or a similar field
Nice to Have
- Life sciences domain knowledge, especially the regulatory area
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Atlassian products like Jira
- Infrastructure knowledge, especially in AWS
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $150,000 - $250,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.