Intersect Power is a team of friends driven to preserve our planet for future generations through low-carbon energy and infrastructure solutions. Founded in 2016, the privately held clean energy company develops and owns some of the world’s largest clean energy resources serving customers in retail and wholesale energy markets across North America. The company is redefining the scope of the clean energy industry by enabling new pathways between clean electricity and the broader economy to enable the deep decarbonization of our economy. We are on an aggressive growth trajectory and are staffing key positions.
Reporting to the Director, East Development, the Manager, East Development will be responsible for leading project teams, evaluating market expansion opportunities, managing counterparty relations, and contract negotiations. This position requires close collaboration with subject matter experts across all aspects of project development and is a unique opportunity to work on green hydrogen projects at scale.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and own the project development for wind, solar, and green hydrogen projects in the ERCOT market through the leadership of an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts
- Maintain ownership of project budgets, schedules, and reports
- Complete financial modeling and analysis necessary to advise key transactions as well as evaluate and frame project development risks and opportunities
- Lead the interconnection study process along with analyses for transmission service availability, basis, and curtailment
- Lead counterparty relationships and contract negotiations with transmission utilities, tax consultants, land agents, and real estate attorneys
- Support the creation and improvement of development and project management tools, processes, and standard operating procedures while managing all reporting of the regional development team
- Structure and prepare analysis and materials for senior management and capital deployment committees
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of energy market or project development experience.
- Financial modeling expertise using Microsoft Excel or other modeling programs
- Strong communication, organization, and relationship management skills
- Master’s degree is valued
- Experience in power marketing, interconnection process management is preferred
*A note on qualifications: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Mostly sedentary work; using standard office equipment including: a computer, keyboard, and telephone.
- Position requires some travel for company-wide meetups: ~5 weeks total through a calendar year.
- Position requires some travel for project development work: ~ 1x / quarter
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $140,000 - $150,000 USD base salary with 40-50% annual target bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options with 100% premium coverage for the employee
- 3% non-elective employer contribution to 401k
- Unlimited PTO, plus two company-wide vacation weeks (Fourth of July & end of year)
- Parental leave up to 12 weeks fully paid with an additional 6 weeks paid leave for birth parents
- Mental health and behavioral coaching through Ginger
- Family planning and new parent support through Maven
- New hire tech package (laptop, monitor, docking station, webcam, headphones, etc) and office furniture (desk & chair)
Note: We welcome applicants who do not have current enforceable non-compete restrictions that would hinder their employment with us. If you are currently under a non-compete agreement with a previous employer, we kindly request that you carefully review the terms of that agreement and ensure that your potential employment with us does not violate those terms.