🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 440,000 members, representing over €300m of annualized revenue.
The team is 530+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ The Insurance team ⭐️
The insurance team brings technical leadership and expertise; it influences all Alan’s decisions. In the insurance team, we work hand in hand with the rest of the company (designers, engineers, data scientists, product managers, finance, operations) to build the most differentiating products. We support the sales and account management teams on offers for large companies. We also make sure the business is properly monitored and risks are under control. Finally, we help the rest of the team understand the subtleties of healthcare.
Since we opened our Belgium market in 2020, we have experienced great momentum and traction. Our local team is growing (so far we went from 0 to 25+ in just over a year 🚀) We now want to take the market by storm and exponentially grow the business to ultimately become one of the market leaders, this Health Product Actuary role will be instrumental in our strategy.
Joining the Alan insurance team means joining a human scale team where you will have a tremendous impact on what we build and how we organise ourselves; We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
If we expect people to bring specific expertise to Alan, we also encourage them to grow on other topics of the insurance community, not necessarily related to their initial expertise.
🤩 Is it you we are looking for?
The role you will take up has a broad scope and can cover:
- Define, build and price the products that will offer the most differentiating experience to our members
- Monitor the business and the risks, define the renewal strategy
- Contribute to the reinsurance plans
- Supporting sales teams on large deals and requests for proposals
- Help the rest of the team understand the subtleties of health insurance
You would be a good fit if you:
- have experience in health insurance (Belgium market)
- have a scientific background (statistics, actuarial sciences) or are capable of understanding technical, data, regulatory and business questions - related to health insurance / reinsurance
- analytical and structured, with a fact-based decision-making style
- eager to deep dive into various insurance topics, analyze the market and identify differentiation opportunities, while helping us shape our strategy
- enthusiastic about teamwork, curious, learning, and teaching
- willing to deeply change the insurance and healthcare industry and challenge the status quo
- have strong written communication skills
- are fluent in English (Alan’s working language), not mandatory but nice to have: French or Flemish skills.
For this opportunity, we are aiming to hire within the C1-G level range.\n
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ in Paris, sponsored co-working hubs in Ghent Brussels or Antwerp or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. Organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. You can use your own inspiration based on the Green mobility budget (for Senior level Alaners)
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium & blog for more info.
Read our advice on how to answer the most common interview questions.