As a Creative Director at Magnopus, you will lead projects innovating through real-time engines across multiple formats including Spatial Web, VR, AR, and Mobile. You’ll act as key contact for clients across multiple projects (or maybe just one big one), developing and crafting creative briefs, managing client expectations and team feedback. You are the bridge uniting client and team providing clarity, vision and creative focus to both.
You’ll collaborate closely with talented and mostly-likable people from Production, Design, Art, and Engineering to ensure that our work as a team is everything it can be, and then some. To be successful, you must be passionate about discovering the creative possibilities in innovative technologies that don’t quite work, and unproven workflows that require enough flexibility to make sure that, while we might not find ourselves where we intended to go, we definitely end up where we need to be.
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering high-quality creative projects using real-time engines within a studio environment.
- Exceptional presentation & communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to a variety of differing clients and team members.
- Demonstrates technological understanding of connecting digital and physical spaces across multiple technology platforms (AR/VR, Mobile, Web, Virtual Production, Gaming, Whateververse, etc)
- In-depth understanding of immersive and experiential design with an emphasis on user narratives, social interaction, and gaming mechanics.
- Natural ability to develop and grow client & team relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams on multiple projects.
- Extremely strong leadership and organization skills.
- Love of music, musical events (live and virtual), musical culture, and an appreciation for the zeitgeist surrounding specific musical artists.
- Administration: Ensure that creative direction is clearly defined and presented to the team; will work with producers to ensure that creative priorities, change requests and review feedback are tracked.
- Teamwork: Works with studio discipline directors and/or team discipline leads to establish overall creative focus, direction and quality targets; can communicate vision clearly and work with team to implement the vision; works well with peers and treats people with respect/courtesy; helpful and supportive to the team; supports and mentors more junior members of staff.
- Decision making/problem solving: Helps Studio leadership to identify creative trends or opportunities for yearly planning; identifies creative risks and constraints that will affect success of the project and work with project leadership to help mitigate them; is able to identify different solutions to solve creative problems and assess impact of different approaches.
- Delivery: Contributes information and expertise to help producers and project managers plan projects. Works with other discipline leads to manage project focus effectively towards creative, quality and budgetary goals.
- Professionalism: Understands impact of verbal and written communication via email, Slack and public forums; considers impact of all communication both internal as well as externally to clients; considers impact to business and to team members when making decisions; will work with clients to translate their ideas into a plan; should be flexible and supportive to offer solutions that meet their needs; acts as a creative ambassador internally and externally.
- Managing change/improvement: works with studio leadership to improve working practices and help develop studio strategy; reviews regularly the upcoming needs of the studio and the best tools, infrastructure, processes and pipelines to meet those needs.
$140,000 - $170,000 a year
Magnopus is an experience focused technology company founded by a team of Oscar-winning artists, designers, and engineers from games, films, and other unusual places. We’re passionate about creating rich experiences that unite the physical and digital worlds.
Because we’re building the future, we endeavor to create a diverse, creative workplace where people from many perspectives collaborate across disciplines to create amazing things together. We invest in our employee's progression with ongoing education and mentorship opportunities through their guilds, and support their happiness and productivity through generous health care, time off, and other benefits.
We try to foster a safe environment where we can take risks, and learn from our failures. While we value individual talents, we favor collaboration more. We believe that the leadership of the company works for the employees, not the other way around. We feel strongly that our employees guide who we are as a company and the work we create, so we look for characteristics of curiosity, empathy, respect, honesty, and courage in every candidate.
Though we’ve delivered a lot of crazy stuff, here are a few you can check out at home:
Disney Pixar Coco VR
Blade Runner 2049: Memory Lab
The Lion King - Virtual Production