Intersect Power is a team of friends driven to preserve our planet for future generations through low-carbon energy and infrastructure solutions. Founded in 2016, the privately held clean energy company develops and owns some of the world’s largest clean energy resources serving customers in retail and wholesale energy markets across North America. The company is redefining the scope of the clean energy industry by enabling new pathways between clean electricity and the broader economy to enable the deep decarbonization of our economy. We are on an aggressive growth trajectory and are staffing key positions.
About this Position
The Specialist, Development will be responsible for creating and maintaining ownership of project development budgets, schedules, and economics. This position will work closely with subject matter experts across all aspects of project development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support all aspects of wind, solar, and green hydrogen project development, from early-stage strategy and sitting to start of construction.
- Day-to-day management of project budgets, schedules, and development tools.
- Own financial modeling and analysis necessary to advise key transactions as well as evaluate and frame project development risks and opportunities.
- Support counterparty relationships and contract negotiations with transmission utilities, tax consultants, land agents, and real estate attorneys.
- Structure and prepare analysis and materials for senior management and capital deployment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of working experience in the energy industry.
- Financial modeling expertise using Microsoft Excel or other modeling programs.
- Strong communication, organization, and relationship management skills
- Experience in energy markets or renewable energy project development is preferred.
*A note on qualifications: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Mostly sedentary work; using standard office equipment including: a computer, keyboard, and telephone.
- Position requires some travel for company-wide meetups: ~5 weeks total through a calendar year.
- Position requires some travel for project development work: ~ 1x / quarter
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email hr@intersectpower
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $85,000 - $95,000 base salary with 25% - 35% annual target bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options with 100% premium coverage for the employee
- 3% non-elective employer contribution to 401k
- Unlimited PTO, plus two company-wide vacation weeks (Fourth of July & end of year)
- Parental leave up to 12 weeks fully paid with an additional 6 weeks paid leave for birth parents
- Mental health and behavioral coaching through Ginger
- Family planning and new parent support through Maven
- New hire tech package (laptop, monitor, docking station, webcam, headphones, etc) and office furniture (desk & chair)
Note: We welcome applicants who do not have current enforceable non-compete restrictions that would hinder their employment with us. If you are currently under a non-compete agreement with a previous employer, we kindly request that you carefully review the terms of that agreement and ensure that your potential employment with us does not violate those terms.