What you'll do
Become part of an iconic brand that is set to revolutionize the all-electric pick-up truck & rugged SUV marketplace by achieving the following:
- Act as the bridge between product management and production.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and discussions with cross-functional teams to review progress, address challenges, and drive alignment and implementation related to production.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define project objectives, requirements, and deliverables.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders, including engineering teams and senior executives to ensure alignment and support for production.
- Develop and maintain project plans, including timelines, milestones, and resource allocation.
- Coordinate and monitor project activities to ensure adherence to project scope, timeline, and budget.
- Proactively assess and validate the plausibility of production cost estimations by engaging and communicating with stakeholders across the organization.
- Track project progress, identify potential risks, and propose mitigation strategies.
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration among project team members, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market dynamics, and regulatory requirements in the automotive sector.
- Conduct regular project status meetings, prepare meeting agendas, and document meeting minutes.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to project team members, assisting in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Evaluate project outcomes, gather lessons learned, and make recommendations for process improvements.
Location & Travel Expectations: This role requires regular in-person attendance at meetings and events. It will be based at Scout Motors' location in Columbia, South Carolina, or Detroit, Michigan. Applicants should anticipate the need to meet with Scout colleagues in person and travel for company events occasionally.
What you’ll bring
We expect all Scouts to have integrity, curiosity, resourcefulness, and strive to exhibit a positive attitude, as well as a growth mindset. You’ll be comfortable with change and flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You’ll take a collaborative approach to achieve ambitious goals. Here’s what else you’ll bring:
- Over 4 years of professional experience in the automotive industry.
- Project management and technical expertise in passenger car production.
- A proven track record of involvement in automotive projects from concept phase to series production, including achieving product development process milestones in production.
- Experience in managing high budgets (capital and operating expenses) and complex schedules related to the product development process and its milestones.
- Strong project management skills, enabling you to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- A deep understanding of project management methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent strategic thinking abilities.
- Proven technical problem-solving skills.
- Strong criteria-based decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and in written and presentation formats.
- A solid technical background and understanding of the automotive industry, including current trends and developments.
- Experience with agile or scrum methodologies.
What you'll gain
The benefits of joining Scout include the chance to build products and a company from the ground up. This is a chance to create something new and lasting – with an iconic brand at its foundation. In addition, Scout provides competitive compensation and benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. Program specifics are detailed in company policies and employee benefit guides, select highlights:
- Competitive insurance including:
- Medical, dental, vision and income protection plans
- 401(k) program with:
- An employer match and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off including:
- 20 days planned PTO, as accrued
- 40 hours of unplanned PTO and 14 company or floating holidays, annually
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave for biological and adoptive parents of all genders
- Paid leave for circumstances related to bereavement, jury duty, voting time, or military leave
- Corporate Vehicle Program with:
- Eligibility to lease up to 2 vehicles at competitive rates
This is a full-time, exempt position eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range: $100,000- $120,000
Internal leveling code: IC9