About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Sales Executive in the San Francisco Bay Area, for a field sales-based position responsible
for the territory sales plan. The Senior Sales Executive will have strong technical knowledge in the area
of Next Gen Sequencing and will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with
customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices. Strong business
acumen is required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy
into business results. The ideal candidate will have a strong history of account relationships with
key thought leaders in the Next Gen Sequencing space.
What you will be doing:
• Demonstrates technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions.
• Demonstrates funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing
• Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely
• Develops and manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals for the
• Understands scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to win the
• Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline
management, and sales tracking through the use of the CRM system and other designated
• Develops and maintains current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and
buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
• Utilizes product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to
successfully conduct selling presentations.
• Assists in the identification and recruitment of new salespeople as required.
• Ensure that customers are fully satisfied.
• Represent the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the
equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Minimum of 8 years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment
• Extensive knowledge of Next Gen Sequencing.
• Ability to travel as needed to be successful in this field based role.
• A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
• Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer relationships.
Read our advice on how to answer the most common interview questions.