About the Role:
We are seeking a Sales Executive in the Greater Pacific Northwest / Mountain States, for a field sales-based position responsible for the territory sales plan. The Sales Executive will have strong technical knowledge in the area of Next Gen Sequencing and will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices. Strong business acumen is required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results. The ideal candidate will have a strong history of account relationships with key thought leaders in the Next Gen Sequencing space and experience calling on biotech accounts.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate technical credibility to consult with customers on technology solutions.
- Demonstrate funnel management skills with strong hunting/prospecting and closing
- Commit to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely
- Develop and manages to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals for the territory.
- Understand scientific project needs and business needs of the customer to win the business.
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of the CRM system and other designated IT tools.
- Develop and maintains current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Utilizes product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to successfully conduct selling presentations.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of new salespeople as required.
- Ensure that customers are fully satisfied.
- Represent the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times.
*Accounts will be focused on the biotech sector for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Next Gen Sequencing.
- Ability to travel as needed to be successful in this field based role.
- A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer relationships.