Every day, the world gets more digital thanks to tens of millions of developers building the future faster than ever. But with exponential growth comes exponential risk as outnumbered security teams struggle to secure mountains of code. This is where Snyk (pronounced “sneak”) comes in.
Snyk is a Developer First Security platform. It makes it easy for development teams to find, prioritize, and fix security vulnerabilities in code, dependencies, containers, and cloud infrastructure — and do it all right from the start. Snyk aims to make the world more secure by empowering developers to develop fast and stay secure.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to build the inner workings of the systems, our collaborative culture, and our standards.
For this role, we seek a partner for our teams that will be at the forefront of our efforts here in the Developer Experience division, driving the design of our systems across the board for our customers, and their developers’ experience using Snyk.
You’ll spend your time:
- Designing and implementing technical solutions in TypeScript and Golang, prioritizing an exceptional, secure developer experience.
- Creating and setting standards for reliable, observable, scalable systems, ensuring their resilience and efficiency.
- Embracing our 'One Team' value by collaborating extensively across various departments and geographies, fostering a culture of inclusion and transparency.
- Engaging with our product partners and our customer representatives to understand what we build and why, demonstrating that we “Care Deeply” and we’re building “Customer Centric”
- Leading innovative projects and initiatives rallying those around you in building industry forward, cutting-edge solutions
- Mentoring and supporting team members, holding interviews to recruit new talent, and ensuring that we foster an environment of growth, partnership, and belonging, in partnership with your Engineering Manager.
What You’ll Need:
- A passion for developer experiences and a deep understanding of their challenges and needs
- Extensive experience building services in TypeScript and/or Go and a commitment to building exceptional quality products.
- Experience in knowledge structuring, sharing, and defining best practices for you and your team
- Clear communication skills to enable working in highly cross-functional, distributed product teams
We’d be Lucky if You:
- Believe we can do more than just review pull requests, and want to unlock that belief
- Have experience working with integrations for GitHub Apps, Bitbucket Connect, IDE Plugins, or Command-line Interfaces
- Are familiar with Application Security, DevSecOps, AST (SAST, SCA, IAST, DAST), or developer tools
- Know the difference between a unified and context git diff