We are seeking a Software Development Engineer IV-Wallet Identity who will contribute key consumer and partner-facing features of ID.me identity verification products. The successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of digital identity and digital wallet technologies and solutions, with a focus on building applications and services that power our identity verification products. They will be responsible for driving technical vision, strategy, and execution with a strong emphasis on metrics, data-driven decision-making, and analysis. This role requires a combination of technical expertise, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams. This is a key growth area for the company and a very exciting opportunity for entrepreneurial engineers.
- Build and maintain highly scalable and secure web applications, services, and APIs.
- Consistently ship small and medium features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
- Collaborate with team members, product managers, and stakeholders to solve the right problems and build the best solutions for customer needs.
- Effectively switch gears between maintaining and refactoring old code and writing newer and more modern services.
- Use test driven development practices and/or test frameworks and tools to ensure that features are shipped defect free.
- Demonstrate mastery of object-oriented programming languages, tools and technologies
- Solve complex technical problems with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Act as a mentor to junior developers through code reviews and document critiques, and actively participate in cross team knowledge sharing forums.
- Proven track record of owning and shipping features end to end including thorough automated test coverage, observability, monitoring, and documentation.
- Understanding of querying techniques and optimizations on relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Exposure with deploying features using A|B testing strategies and ability to interpret results.
- Experience building systems and services in a containerized, cloud based, infrastructure as code driven ecosystem in any cloud platform.
- Exposure with GCP utilizing Docker, Kubernetes, or Nomad.
- Must have an obsession for building quality products.
- Ability to thrive when there are changing priorities and shifting of gears.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be a team player with a self-managing work ethic.
- Must be a self-starter with a passion for software engineering, learning, and continuous improvement.
- BS in a quantitative or scientific field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Startup experience.
- Must be located in the continental U.S. and work core EST or CST hours