Love the work but not the office rules that come with it?
Work from home jobs is the future. It's a solution for all those who love their work but hate 9-5. When asked, 68% of millennials said they would be highly interested in working for a company that offers work-from-home flexibility. No stressful commute, greater productivity, more family time, freedom to be a digital nomad, and travel the world are among some of the benefits of a remote job.
Companies love remote work too. Why won't they? The primary reason is these telecommuting jobs save up to $4000 each year for their yearly savings. It's also a profitable deal for remote companies, allowing employees to work at home; they save up to $10,000 per year with no need of infrastructure. They instead chose to provide lavish compensation and more significant benefits to their employees.
It's a myth that remote jobs are associated with lower salaries. Depending on the position a company is hiring for, a participant can expect to make about $50k to $200k per year. High-paying remote jobs are here to stay and well within reach.
So what are you waiting for, searching for a remote job is not that hard? We have hand-picked 11 high-paying remote job roles you can apply for right now.
How to become a software engineer:
- Choose your field. For example, Web development or Mobile development or DevOps, etc.
- Choose your language and learn it thoroughly. For a Ruby Developer – Programming Ruby. For an iOS Developer – The Swift Programming Language. Read The Pragmatic Programmer book. It's a good starting point on the path to software mastery.
- Learn your framework. A Rails Developer – Rails Tutorial by Michael Hartl and an iOS Developer – iOS programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide.
- Use your Version Control System like a pro and write code in aTest Driven Development. For a Ruby on Rails Developer – Rails Test Prescriptions.For an iOS Developer – Test-Driven iOS Development.
- Unleash the power of the command line. If you're working on a Mac or any Linux distribution, learn shell. Here is a good book on it: Conquering the Command-Line.
A product manager is responsible for innovation and the end-to-end launch of products. He collaborates with partners and customers to co-develop a road map and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment.
A product manager's duties include turning data insights into products with actionable outcomes to the ultimate customer. They also develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate the future investment. Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, define priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
A product manager has the following qualities:
- Along with the project development experience, a balance of technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills can engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
Web designers plan, create, and code internet sites and web pages, combining text with sounds, pictures, graphics, and video clips. You will need to show evidence of your creative and technical skills, usually in the form of a portfolio of websites you have worked on.
The primary responsibilities of a web designer include:
- Working with clients and project managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites.
- Convert raw images and layouts into CSS/XHTML themes.
- Develop and maintain robust Web-style guides for all our consumer- and business-facing products.
- Create high-fidelity mock-ups for vetting and user testing and finished .psd files for development.
- Create site layout/user interface by using standard HTML / CSS / JAVA practices.
A marketing manager implements and creates marketing strategies for a company to meet the reputation and goals of a brand. His responsibilities include creating budgets for marketing and media campaigns, being involved in negotiations, and preparing sales and advertising contracts.
A marketing manager also reviews the advertising material and is a perfect career for good creative skills. They also may be involved in email campaigns, print ads, paid search, content creation, and more.
A good marketing manager keeps testing new marketing messages, opportunities, and channels. Besides this, he also prepares strategies while keeping the target audience in mind. There are many job roles available for a marketing manager, such as Project Manager, Assistant Media Buyer, Marketing Assistant, or Digital Advertising.
As a remote accountant, you will be working as part of an accounting firm, providing services like accounts receivable or accounts payable management to businesses. Your duties include reviewing finance and tax forms, reviewing invoices, and performing data entry and tax services.
Work from home accounting jobs involves accounting, financial oversight, and bookkeeping. Other duties of a remote accounting job include:
- Examination and verification of financial statements
- Computation, preparation, and filing of tax returns
- Provision of help to businesses so that they can trim costs and function more effectively
- Maintenance and regular updating of books and financial records
- Supervising payroll operations
Customer support is a range of customer services to help customers make cost-effective and correct use of a product. It includes assistance in planning, installation, training, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrading, and disposal of a product.
Regarding software products or other electronic or mechanical goods, it is termed technical support. Customer support is considered one of the primary data channels for customer satisfaction research and increases customer retention.
To be a customer support agent, one must possess the following qualities:
- Top-notch listening skills
- Best communication skills
- Ability to manage difficult conversations
A virtual assistant is an independent contractor who provides administrative services to clients while operating outside of the client's office. A virtual assistant typically works from a home office but can access the necessary planning documents, such as shared calendars, remotely.
Other duties of a virtual assistant include:
- Specializes in offering administrative services to clients from remote locations.
- Typical tasks include scheduling appointments, making phone calls, making travel arrangements, and managing email accounts.
- Some virtual assistants also offer graphic design, blog writing, bookkeeping, social media, and marketing services.
Content writers are people who specialize in providing relevant content for websites. If you want to become a successful content writer, you need a complete toolkit of marketable skills, which includes mastering different writing styles, understanding their audience, performing keyword research, and checking out the competition as well.
A remote content writer earns anywhere from $40,000 to $60,000 each year. Major tasks performed by content writers:
- Develop, write content as per the business concept.
- Check for keywords and create or copy edit to inform the reader and promote or sell the company, product, or service described.
- Produce content that is smart in its use of keywords or is focused on search engine optimization (SEO). This means the text must contain relevant keywords and phrases that are most likely to be entered by users in web searches associated with the actual site for better search engine indexing and ranking.
- Create content that allows the site visitors to get the information they want quickly and efficiently.
A sales consultant is responsible for finding customers who would purchase their company's products. They often have to meet with clients and consult with the customer to determine their wants or needs.
Essential responsibilities of a sales consultant are:
- Sell the services and solutions that the company/manufacturer offers.
- Maintain and grow a solid client base.
- Find new business opportunities and maintain a healthy pipeline for future deals.
- Respond to new and current client base regarding complaints and service inquiries.
- Be a "brand ambassador" that represents the company's brand and values.
Business analysts help guide businesses in improving processes, products, services, and software through data analysis. These agile workers straddle the line between IT and the company to help bridge the gap and improve efficiency.
A business analyst job responsibilities typically include:
- Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for a business
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Planning and monitoring
- Variance analysis, Pricing, and Reporting
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
If you want to make the step up to Finance Director (FD), it is also essential that you have the communications skills to match your ability to 'do the numbers.'
The primary responsibilities of a finance director involve:
- Develop and control the company's annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met and comply with financial and statutory regulations.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to the company and oversee the company's financial accounts' preparation.
- Monitor external contracts and services and take care of all the financial and legal obligations of the company.
And that's all.
We can't wait to see all that you can accomplish once you're free to live your life on your terms and fulfill all your dreams. We have also listed the great remote companies that are hiring for remote roles in 2021.