Find remote product jobs as a Product Manager, Product Operations, Product Strategy, and more. Product jobs at remote companies often entail: defining and creating a part of or the entire product. You'll plan and strategize, work with different departments, do market research, etc.
Remote Product Jobs (356)
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about Product. We have answers to your questions.
What is a product manager?
A product manager is a professional role responsible for developing products for an organization, known as the practice of product management. Product managers own the business strategy behind a product, specify its functional requirements, and generally manage the launch of features.
What are the responsibilities of a product manager?
The end goal of a product manager is to successfully ship a successful and high-quality production. It is their job to make sure that all aspects of the project are executed with ease and success.Their main duties include:
- Develop the positioning and vision of a product.
- Understanding client and other stakeholders needs with user interviews.
- Lead the development of the product and its strategy.
- Monitoring the market and develop competitive analyses.
- Establish clear timelines and maintain user feedback.
- Defining a vision for a product.
- Create and manage the product roadmap.
- Aligning stakeholders around the vision for the product.
- Maintain consistent client and stakeholder communication.
- Prioritizing product features and capabilities.
- Use product management tools to produce wireframes, mockups, gather feedback, and deliver high quality product features.
What are the best tools for remote product management teams?
The best tools for remote product management teams falls in these categories: collaboration and productivity apps such as google drive, docs, etc., design and wireframing tools such as Figma, canva, sketch, etc., user experiencing testing such as hotjar, fullstory, user feedback tools like pendo, uservoice, rapidr, etc., Project and task management products such as github, jira, etc., data analytics apps such as google analytics as well as remote communication tools such as zoom, slack, etc.
What is the salary of a remote product manager?
The average product manager salary is $135,000 per year. Entry-level positions start at $111,463 per year, while most experienced workers make up $165,000 per year.
What are the skills required for remote product management jobs?
Product managers supervise the entire product development cycle, from the inception of a product to its launch. They benefit from having sound technical knowledge and good computer literacy. They should hold a balance of soft skills like interpersonal and hard skills, like technical knowledge as well as management skills.The most important skill for a product manager is strategic thinking.Other important skills are:
- Communication skills
- Research skills
- Technical assitance
- Analytical skills
- Marketing skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Prioritisation skills
- Management skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Passion for working cross-functionally
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong client management abilities
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects
- Time management and budgeting skills
- Strong leadership skills
What is the difference between a product manager and product owner?
Product Owner: The product owner is responsible for maintaining the product roadmap, user stories, and backlog. They are also in charge of setting the goals for the team.
Product Manager: The Product Manager is in charge of deciding how to maximize the value of a product. They decide what features to develop, how much to spend on marketing, and when a new release should happen. Their main task is taking care of all aspects that impact a company's revenue and profits - from strategy to design, engineering, marketing, and engineering.
Basically, a product manager decides what to build next, and the product owner helps the development team to build the products.