Job Description SummaryJob DescriptionBe part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 75,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD is currently seeking a Workday Security and Audit & Compliance Analyst to join our dynamic global HR Solutions team. We are looking for a positive, well-organized, self-motivated professional with a special focus on managing Workday system security and executing SOX controls with HR systems.What you'll be doing:
What we are ideally looking for:
- Own Workday security process including access management policies, security domain assignment and audit and integrated and aggregated security group building and maintenance
- Provide security design, configuration, testing and deployment of Workday security
- Conduct report data reviews and analysis, including understanding and ensuring security and data privacy standards
- Maintain a secure and scalable Workday security design based on business and regulatory requirements.
- Support issues relating to user-based, role based, segmented, intersection roles, domain security and business process security policies
- Troubleshoot technical problems, analyzing errors, and diagnosing appropriate resolution with nominal or no supervision
- Provide recommendations to senior management for process and/or system improvements/enhancements
- Provide daily operational support to end users in Workday
- Conduct system testing for upgrades, UAT testing for customizations and/or other changes
- Apply in-depth technical analysis to solve system and application issues
- Create and maintain solution documentation of all requests for technical changes/enhancements to the system
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of Workday controls throughout the business cycle.
- Support internal and/or external audits relating to data residing on the Workday HCM and/or other systems, as deemed necessary
- Analyze, design, and support system controls, including logical access, change management, separation of duties and other controls
- Assist in scoping and control rationalization effort to ensure key compliance risks are covered and maintain risk and control matrices
- Participate in projects as an HR system subject matter expert around audit and controls and provide guidance to ensure proper controls are implemented and/or maintained
- Plan and execute client engagements focusing on Workday security, controls, and audits of Workday environments.
- Test controls and produce audit results in partnership with audit teams and TGS teams to ensure Workday is SOX compliant and aligns with SOC I/II commitments.
- Communicate the results of audits via written summaries, in Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) applications, and/or oral presentations to management
- Develop and maintain productive internal and external client relationships. Accountable for follow-up on outstanding audit issues to help drive the implementation of corrective actions
- Ensure adherence to process documentation and training materials
- Comply with all company local and global policies including legal & data privacy frameworks, Code of Conduct, anti-discrimination, harassment, and health, safety and environment policies
- Perform any other duties or serve in such other capacity as may be determined by Company management
Why join us?
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Finance, IT or related field or relevant experience
- 4+ years of relevant HR operations, HRIS or HR Technology experience
- 4+ years Proficient in Workday application Security Administration
- Demonstrated ability to influence, lead, and work effectively and collaboratively with various business partnerships, regions, and cultures, and to promote effective collaboration between them.
- Strong analytic and diagnostic skills as well as a data-driven and metrics-driven approach
- Ability to design, develop, implement and maintain processes based on industry best practices and BD business needs.
- Demonstrated skills & experience to work within a complex organization and to partner, collaborate and work across functions and regions, at all levels.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- At least one year experience working in an audit and compliance capacity
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
- Possess a strong sense of ethics; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve audit processes and create efficiencies
- Proficient in Workday Report Writer, Calculated Fields and Dashboards helpful
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components - is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.Primary Work Location
USA TX - San AntonioAdditional Locations
USA NJ - Franklin LakesWork Shift