GiveWP's Mission is to Democratize Generosity. GiveWP is a WordPress plugin that enables users to accept donations on their WordPress-powered website with flexibility and minimal barrier to entry. Since launching in April 2015, GiveWP has helped 10,000+ nonprofits, individuals, and organizations empower their Cause through online donations.
We are a team of A-players who leverage each other's talents to create products that people love. We enjoy flexible work schedules, competitive salaries, and a flat organization structure where everyone's opinion matters. We enjoy traveling, having fun, and enjoy coming to work every day. If this sounds like a fit for you, great! Please read on.
We are looking for a WordPress Product Developer with 2 - 4 years' experience to join our GiveWP team. Someone who is excited to learn and has a passion for WordPress, who knows how quality themes and plugins are built and have built a few themselves.
This position requires experience going beyond building websites into building web applications. You would be working in a complex application that spans dozens of add-ons which do everything from integrating with 3rd party services, to processing money through gateways, and improving the base product with exciting new features. GiveWP has a core plugin that is constantly growing and improving, so this requires thinking about how to create a core product that is extensible. This requires a strong understanding of application architecture, OOP PHP skills, and JS + React skills. We push the boundaries of modern WordPress architecture, so if you feel ready to jump into this and hit the ground running, then we're looking for you!As a WordPress Product Developer you would:
- Develop new software solutions and maintain existing applications
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and objectives
- Work in teams of 2-3 with project specifications and execute as a team
- Create, review, and update technical documentation
- Collaborate with the team to explore individual and product growth opportunities
- Write unit and integration tests to validate code function
- Execute bug fixes with long-term prevention in mind
- Measure results of implemented solutions
- Participate in troubleshooting/triaging of issues and document them appropriately
Bonus Points for:
- 2+ years experience building custom WordPress solutions
- Skilled at crafting modern PHP (ex: autoloading, dependency management, dependency injection, templating libraries, automated testing, OOP, and/or frameworks like Symfony or Laravel, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of MySQL
- Basic knowledge of the product development life cycle
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Exceptional HTML & CSS (including experience with PostCSS or Sass and BEM) skills
- A passion for improving software/systems
- Ability to work remotely with little-to-no supervision
Physical Requirements And Work Environment
- Advanced JS knowledge (state management, testing, async operations, etc.)
- Experience with developing blocks for the Block Editor
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Experience with JS application frameworks
- Experience with server technologies like Redis or Elasticsearch
- Experience building sites that are accessible (you've worked with WAI-ARIA and done WCAG 2.0+ AA/Section 508 work) and performant (working knowledge of best practices)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use hands to finger, talk, and hear
- The individual frequently is required to stand and walk
- Works at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time
- Works in a traditional climate controlled office environment
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and diverse employee population
- Be able to occasionally lift up to ten (10) pounds
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, or duties. Additional duties and tasks may be assigned as part of the job function. Liquid Web Inc. reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in a way that best supports the organizational needs. The job description in no way creates or implies an employment contract. The employment contract remains "at will".
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy: Liquid Web is committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Powered by JazzHR