Wellness Associate II - Geisinger Health Plan (remote work Northwest region Pennsylvania)Location:
Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Wellbeing Services, Geisinger Health PlanSchedule:
Days Work Type:
GHP Wellness Programs TeamDate Posted:
Job Summary Geisinger Health Plan is expanding our services across Pennsylvania, we are building regionally based teams to engage the community around Medicaid services, offer health and wellness programming, impact the social determinants of health and foster health equity. The successful candidates will be dynamic self-starters, have a strong interest and experience in diversified communities and ready to be part of a community facing team with a passion for making health easy.
Serves community or practice/facility-based population management initiatives including on site programs, screening services, fitness classes, evidence based program facilitation and program development for the wellness team and partners. Responsible for the development and oversight, as well as implementation of health and wellness programs at the facility as well as surrounding community initiatives. Travel within the specified geography is required.
- Develops and designs programs in conjunction with their assigned facility ensuring competencies, training requirements, reporting and documentation requirements are being meet.
- Supports regional teams, operations, new program design and implementation of new products and services.
- Develops and implements tools to evaluate the effectiveness of the wellness program to manage outcomes.
- Reports program participation and outcomes quarterly to stakeholders.
- Prepares and presents educational information consistent with the mission and objectives of the wellness program and the facility.
- Provides on site screening support and education as needed.
- Supports team on site with programs, biometric screenings and phlebotomy support as needed and as appropriate, based on skill set and educational background.
- Represents the facility at various business and community events as needed or coordinates events at the facility.
- Serves as a wellness resource and oversees member communication and outreach initiatives within the wellness program.
- Supports regionally based teams and employers throughout our coverage area, as well strategic opportunities as needed.
- Monitors changes in employee wellness research, new developments and standards.
- Researches and creates new program to meet the population needs, as appropriate.
- Supports reporting needs, data management and outcomes.
- Assists with other policies which have wellness components.
- Learns new software applications and maintains databases.
- Coordinates ongoing record keeping and prepares reports as requested.
- Works closely with internal departments including, but not limited to Health Services, Marketing, IT, Sales and wellness.
- Responsible for calendar management, promotion of activities in conjunction with marketing and coordination of all onsite activities.
- Participates on committees, as assigned, to represent and provide expertise related to the Wellness Program.
- Provides telephonic and on site health coaching for lifestyle management programs, as needed.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Work from home with participation in customer/ community activities in the region as needed.
Employee required to have/supply: Cable modem, (high speed, only - No DSL or Wireless Cellular Service or Satellite Service) The minimum requirement is:
- •5 MBPS UP
- •20 Mbps DOWN
•Computer must be connected to the internet via Ethernet cable; wifi is not permitted unless a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is used for the wifi connection
Education Bachelor's Degree-Healthcare Related Degree (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Required)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.