Reporting to the Manager, Graphic & Web Design, the Web Developer will work on full-stack web development, from server to HTML, with particular focus on the corporate website, to determine and identify high-level functional and technical requirements on the basis of interactions with the user community and knowledge of enterprise architecture.The Developer will provide quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products, develop high-level system design diagrams for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation, and develop and implement moderate to complex web applications on one or more platforms within an Agile Scrum environment.
You'll be working on:
- Mentor peers on design patterns and development best practices
- Implement site templates and CSS styles guidelines
- Write code and perform the testing and debugging of new and existing features for company external website, microsites and tools/products as required
- Translating designs to web with minimal feedback and changes required
- Resolve problems that are diversified and complex
- Review code and makes recommendations for design changes
- Contribute to requirements review; provide task estimates, project scoping
- Create and edit custom plugins in the CMS
- Create and edit custom themes and child themes in the CMS
- Create and maintain databases/custom search engines
- Ensure all web development takes search engine optimizations (SEO) best practices into account
- Wireframe/layout a website or web application as required
- Liaise with designers to decide on UI/UX elements.
Join us if you have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Post-secondary diploma in Web Development/Applications (or related, such as Interactive Design), or a Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, and 5+ years front-end development experience (preferably web application development);
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development/design using the following technologies and frameworks:
- HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Sass
- Responsive/mobile web design (Bootstrap, etc)
- Some server-side logic and database interaction
- Cross-browser development
- CMS (e.g. Wordpress, Drupal, etc.)
- AngularJS (in a web application environment)
- Marketing Automation Platforms (e.g. HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot)
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience or knowledge of Agile/Scrum practices and concepts;
- Experience in front-end development/design using the following technologies and frameworks:
Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portabilityMS SQL (or other RDBMS)Experience with RESTful Services and APIsGraphic design and layout
What’s in it for you?
At Assent, we are an ambitious, fast-paced business which means there is never a dull moment. We strive to give back to our employees as much as they give to us.
In addition to a competitive salary, and a benefits plan that starts the same day you do, you can expect to:
- Work for one of the fastest-growing technology companies in North America!
- Love what you do as part of a supportive and collaborative team with a fantastic culture
- Do purposeful, meaningful work towards better ethical and environmental conditions around the world
- Help create positive change by being part of a sustainable work environment with lots of opportunity to help the local community through our charitable work.
At Assent, your contribution has purpose. Our team challenges each other to be better every day; we dig deep to build a culture of innovation and high performance for our people and our clients.
All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the aforementioned duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.