At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
The Digital Branch Experience teams are responsible for designing and delivering a world-class digital experience to our clients and branch teams. As key members of the team, Digital Product Owners combine deep subject matter expertise, vision, and strategy, systems thinking, and product management capabilities to produce highly integrated and effective digital solutions and tools.
Operating at the intersection of business strategy and technology development, the Digital Branch Experience teams provide a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced environment. You will be challenged to bring fresh perspectives that allow us to continually exceed client expectations in an ever-evolving landscape.
The opportunities within the department are as diverse as the candidates we seek. Our agile product teams deliver value to all aspects of the client experience, including the creation of personalized financial plans and account solutions, advanced portfolio construction tools, a suite of client relationship management capabilities, and online and mobile applications.
* The Digital Product Owner serves as the individual accountable for one or more systems, leading a multi-disciplinary and cross-divisional product team to deliver value to internal and external customers of the Firm.
* Reporting to the Product Manager, this individual aligns strategy to execution through the development and maintenance of their product roadmap, outlining the body of work expected now, next, and into the future.
* This work includes management of system plans and supporting artifacts encompassing resource needs, stakeholder solution requirements, dependencies, timelines, milestones, and success criteria as necessary to deliver on the promised business value.
* Success in this role requires depth and breadth of subject matter experts inside and outside of the assigned digital product, as well as a foundational understanding of Product Management and Design Thinking theory, and the ability to expand these capabilities within the organization.
* The Digital Product Owner will work with other firm leaders to attract, develop and drive a team of high-performing associates, and will play a pivotal role in their ongoing personal and professional development.
* This person will lead their product team through direct leadership of functional associates as well as indirect influence and task assignment authority for matrixed resources, mentoring, and developing all team members to fulfill the product vision.
* This individual will additionally advise and align with adjacent product teams to ensure a consistent and cohesive progression of the department strategy.
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, management information systems, computer science, or related field;
* Series 7 and 66 preferred; depending upon role may be required within 6 months of hire;
* A master's degree or relevant certification is strongly preferred.
* 7+ years of experience required in one or more of these fields:
* Product or agile project management
* Development and management of FinTech/Wealth applications or websites (advisor and/or client-facing)
* Financial planning, wealth management, and/or portfolio construction
* A desire to assume formal leadership responsibilities for downline associates, with a willingness to commit to the development of others through personnel administration practices.
* Prior formal leadership experience is a plus.
* Broad and deep knowledge of financial services concepts, practices, and procedures, with an emphasis in the digital capabilities advisors require to effectively serve clients;
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
* Detail orientation with strong analytical capabilities;
* Ability to overcome ambiguity and deliver results;
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to delegate and direct work in a way that maximizes both personal and team efficiency;
* Teamwork/collaboration mindset with the ability to work with stakeholders throughout the organization;
* A robust understanding of full-cycle software development within an Agile framework;
Product orientation with a strong sense of ownership.
* FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
* From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
* Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
* 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
* Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
* Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
* The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate: