Vulnerability Management Consultant
We are currently seeking a Vulnerability Management Consultant to join our Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management team, in Boston, MA or Austin, TX as part of the Cyber Security, Analysis and Operations organization. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting & managing vulnerability and incident management activities in large enterprise environments. In collaboration with the corporate Security and Resiliency Organization (SRO), Cyber Assurance and Vulnerability Management Team, the Vulnerability Incident Management Sr. Advisor will drive vulnerability incident response and remediation activities across all segments and visualize vulnerability related incident remediation activities to executive leadership.
• Leads and drives vulnerability remediation efforts within client application and infrastructure environments related to incident and threat intelligence findings
• Maintain situational awareness, incident and vulnerability management, coordination, collaboration, and security oversight for various systems.
• Ensures that each of the individual IR and Threat Intel teams and associated stakeholders are provided with timely relevant information related to remediation status activities.
• Works with stakeholders to set the incident battle rhythm for cybersecurity and privacy incidents.
• Serve as the central coordinating and communications component for security efforts coordination, incident and vulnerability management, for the teams supporting systems.
• Analyzes security issues, determines cause and impact and identifies the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the event from happening in the future.
• Actively engages with various internal stakeholders including IT, Engineering and Infrastructure teams, development, legal, corporate communications, and other relevant teams in security to conduct holistic response management on identified vulnerabilities and the remediation efforts.
• Demonstrates ability to strike a balance between strategic and tactical activities required to run the vulnerability management, response and remediation efforts.
• Exhibits good understanding of vulnerability validation, re-production, remedy advice and vulnerability research skills.
• Collaborates with Cybersecurity and Digital to define reporting and metrics needs and share and present reporting and metrics to Security and Resiliency Office and Digital Leadership.
• Articulates risk and impact to IT and Business leaders with the proven ability to convey the urgency and need to remediate a vulnerability commensurate with the risk it presents to Dell
• Bachelor's / Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Cybersecurity or a related field of study.
• 8-10 years of related experience, specifically in Engineering/IT Operations, Security Operations, Vulnerability Management, and/or Incident Response
• Minimum of 2 years of experience leading Incident Remediation activities
• In-depth experience assessing security vulnerabilities including those found in the OWASP Top 10, IoT Top 10, and CWE Top 25
• Knowledge of, and in-depth experience with, more than one major IT discipline (e.g., distributed computing, active directory, cloud security, networks, applications design and development, IT security and business recovery)
• Hands on experience with Vulnerability Scanning & Management tools (Nexpose, Tenable, Kenna Security, Archer)
• Ability to drive complex, cross-organizational initiatives through the influencing of and negotiation with stakeholders who at times may hold competing priorities
• CISSP, CRISC, CISM, GCIH or similar certifications advantageous.
If interested and meet all necessary requirements, e-mail your most up to date resume in a Word document to
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by Dice