WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for a Vice President of Sales, East (VP). Reporting to the SVP of Sales and working closely with the senior management team, the VP is responsible for all regional spend and client success goals -- driving sales volume, velocity and productivity. Working closely with sales leadership, marketing, operations and product teams, the VP is responsible for collecting market needs to share internally to help shape differentiated go-to-market strategies, deliver an effective end-to-end customer experience, and achieve the company’s spend performance goals. The VP is accountable for delivering sustainable client and staffing growth while achieving spend targets for the company.
- Responsible for leading, inspiring, building, and scaling the regional sales organization comprised of sales directors, sales managers, sales executives and account management across four offices.
- Works closely with senior management to develop the strategy and execution plans for selling Viant’s platform and services across all market segments, verticals and channels in order to drive profitable growth, increase market share and deliver on company goals.
- Perform all personnel management activities for sales staff, including recruitment, training, performance evaluation and salary management; encourage professional development through job assignments and training.
- Provides strategic leadership, vision, direction, and guidance to the sales team through opportunity development, relationship acquisition, and market growth to meet and exceed sales goals
- Establishes performance measurements, track performance against those measurements and provide constructive feedback for sellers to meet strategic objectives
- Maintain a deep understanding of market competitors, knowledge, and trends, including evolving technologies, client needs, expectations, and opportunities, shifts in the competitive landscape, operational efficiencies, and opportunities and competitive challenges
- Actively participate in client interaction; assist in negotiation and closing major deals when needed
- Act as a role model and represent Viant with the highest level of integrity, both internally and externally
GREAT TO HAVE
- 10+ years programmatic sales experience with a consistent and demonstrated track record exceeding quota and excelling in a highly competitive Ad Tech market.
- 5+ years of progressive sales leadership experience building and managing high performing sales teams to meet and exceed revenue goals across the Eastern Seaboard.
- Demonstrated and verifiable track record of team spend and sales team growth, with an expert understanding of deal cadence and ability to secure new customers across verticals.
- Experience leading agency, third-party or direct B2B/enterprise field sales and client success teams.
- Extensive high-level relationships (C-level) within advertising agencies and brands, and a clear track record of spend generation and growth.
- Proven track record of driving new customer wins across the organization.
WHO WE ARE
- Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
LIFE AT VIANT
- Investing in our employee’s professional growth is important to us, but so is investing in their well-being. That’s why Viant was voted one of the best places to work and some of our favorite employee benefits include fully paid health insurance, paid parental leave and unlimited PTO and more.
$225,000 - $275,000 a year
Base: $225,000 - $275,000
In accordance with California law, the range provided is Viant’s reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Final title and compensation for the position will be based on several factors including work experience and education.
Viant® (NASDAQ: DSP) is a leading advertising software company that enables marketers to plan, execute and measure omnichannel ad campaigns through a cloud-based platform. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform, Adelphic®, powers programmatic advertising across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio, gaming and digital out-of-home channels. As an organization committed to sustainability, Viant’s Adricity® carbon reduction program helps clients achieve their sustainability goals. In 2022, Viant was recognized as a Leader in the DSP category, earned Great Place to Work® certification, became founding a member of Ad Net Zero, and Co-Founders Tim and Chris Vanderhook were named EY Entrepreneurs of the Year. To learn more, please visit viantinc.com.
Viant is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Viant prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees or applicants based on race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, reproductive health decision making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, military status, veteran status, uniformed service member status, sexual orientation, transgender identity, citizenship status, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Viant also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
By clicking “Apply for this Job” and providing any information, I accept the Viant California Personnel Privacy Notice.