Sago, formerly Schlesinger Group, is the global research and data partner that connects human answers to business questions. Combining our legacy of impact, global reach, and innovative spirit, we enable our clients to solve business problems through extensive audience access and an adaptive range of qualitative and quantitative solutions. We help our clients understand what their customers want and demand — empowering them to make decisions with confidence. As a partner to our clients, their clients, and the industry, Sago seamlessly connects businesses to key insights.
The VP, Product Innovation would work collaboratively with the product team and Sago’s Quantitative business unit. Specifically driving projects and programs related to our Methodify product and our internal quanitiative systems. Overarching goal is to increase revenue and drive efficiencies by leveraging our digital products and systems. Prospective candidates can be located in the US or Canada.
· Own, deliver and maintain the vision for the external and internal quantitative tools at Sago
· Oversee the management and development of the product roadmaps to deliver on the vision while simultaneously managing the day to day maintenance
· Build or enhance systems to ensure that they display accurate customer information, or business performance metrics
· Oversee integrations. Build or enhance systems so that they connect disparate business units or systems (e.g. integrating work streams and data flow between marketing, Operations, and Finance)
· Manage the relationships between teams supporting quantitative tools and the relevant stakeholders.
· Ensure systems, processes, or tool do not fail to scale with the business growth, or actively inhibit this growth
· Manage the technical and business requirements
· Test solutions for usability and product/market fit
· Manage launches and internal marketing
· Test report and continuously improve
· Articulate and present the value of external and internal quantitative tools to the upper management
· Balance and manage stakeholder requests with the overall vision
· Stay ‘on point’ with product strategy without being overwhelmed by ad-hoc requests.
· 5-7 years product experience
· Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
· Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies preferably in the quantitative market research space
· Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· End-to-End software product development and management skills
· Structured approach with experience in an agile work methodology
· History of collaborating with development teams and achieving outcomes
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Enthusiastic about new technology and its transformational abilities
· Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) experience in technology
· 5+ years of experience interacting with executive teams and/or boards of directors
· 5+ years of experience in complex change and/or program management
Sago is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.