VP of Engineering (Remote)
As an engineering leader in SOCi, you will work with your counterparts in Product Management and Design to deliver valuable products to our customers. You create a culture of learning, exploration, customer-centricity and proactive problem-solving.
You ensure that every member of your team is partnering strongly with their respective counterparts in Product and Design, to form cross-functional Empowered Product Teams. You understand the difference between mercenary and missionary engineering teams, and set the direction to ensure the latter is happening. You've learned about the costs of top-down, command-and-control leadership and abhor it, instead aspiring to be a Servant Leader. You know how to create a sense of purpose and drive in the organization. You value learning above everything else, and expect that from your teams. You quickly recognize waste and inefficiencies and eliminate them on sight.
Strong technical background, as well as deep understanding of modern product management (Marty Cagan, Dan Olsen etc school of thought) and modern software development (Tom & Mary Poppendieck, Woody Zuil, Allen Holub, etc) practices will be critical to your success. You are able to speak both with engineers as well as product managers and designers in their own language and build trust, credibility and joint success in delivering valuable customer outcomes.
Being responsible for your team, you take a strong interest in their growth and career development - you are keenly aware that investing in people is the key to great technology and products. You do so through mentoring, guidance, servant leadership and radical candor.Requirements
- 10+ years in hands-on engineering roles (4+ in senior / principal level)
- 5+ years in managing engineering organizations with at least 30 engineers
- 5+ years in developing enterprise grade SaaS platforms
- Understanding and track record of practical application of mob programming methodology
- Solid understanding of AWS Well-Architected Framework, devops maturity frameworks, microservice architectures, and scaling enterprise SaaS platforms
- Solid understanding of OOP, relational database design, functional programming, and PHP/JS/MySQL
- Solid understanding of Lean ("Lean Software Development" [Poppendieck], "Goal" [Goldratt])
- Deep understanding modern Product Management techniques ("Inspired" & "Empowered" [Cagan], "Lean Product Playbook" [Olsen], etc)
- Skilled in giving feedback, creating accountability and building trust ("Crucial Accountability" [Patterson], "Radical Candor" [Scott], "Speed of Trust" [Covey], etc)
- Deep understanding of creating and facilitating learning organizations ("Fifth Discipline" [Senge])
- Solid understanding of systems thinking and practical application in your organizations ("Thinking in Systems" [Meadows])
- Demonstrated track record of partnership with product management and product designers in creating missionary product teams
SOCi is an award-winning all-in-one local marketing platform built specifically for "next-level" multi-location marketers. Our customers include top brands and influencers like Ace Hardware, Sport Clips, and Anytime Fitness who have the impossible challenge of managing their digital presence across hundreds and thousands of locations. The SOCi platform empowers local management of the entire customer journey across multiple mediums including local business listings, social, reviews, listening, ads, bots, and more. As the central command for multi-location marketers, SOCi makes the impossible possible by enabling top brands and their locations to strengthen and scale their digital presence across limitless local search and social pages while protecting what matters most, their reputation.
Our accolades include:
- Inc. 5000 honoree three years in a row for Fastest Growing Companies in America
- Entrepreneur magazine's #1 Marketing Provider for Franchises, and top provider three years in a row
- Front Runner for Gartner's SoftwareAdvice.com in Reputation Management
- Top 100 rank on Financial Times The Americas' Fastest Growing Companies 2020
What's SOCi's culture like?
SOCi stands for Selfless, Overachievers, Customer Centric, and Innovative. We strive to be in service to each other, consider learning as Job #1, and obsess over the customer problems such that we can deliver most valuable solutions to them. We hold each other accountable, are candid in our feedback, and expect you to do the same. It's okay to make mistakes, it's not okay to not learn from them. We partner strongly across departments and function, as we know it'll take a village to succeed. One team, one dream.
SOCi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR