As a Tech Lead, this role will support the bank's Commercial Digital Banking efforts. This position drives the development of cost-effective applications that address business needs while aligning with the Bank's long-term technology goals. Additionally, the manager determines the needs of assigned business areas through partnership and strategic collaboration. This role translates needs into functional projects and technological solutions. The position oversees projects to produce effective results and to maximize the return on investment.
- Team Leadership - Mentors and trains team members. Utilizes expertise to provide guidance, feedback, and direction on complex matters. Assists in the communication of performance results and expected behaviors for success.
- Project Management - Leads specialized technical projects to include development of time estimates, determining scope, and addressing potential impacts.
- Business Support - Provides insight to management allowing the strategic alignment of technologies with business needs. Facilitates system modifications or architectural changes. Effectively collaborates with others on technical issues and initiatives, acting as the primary escalation point for technology-related team concerns across the enterprise.
- Technical Expertise - Maintains a strong knowledge of Bank technologies, processes, procedures, and industry standards. Serves as a resource on one or more specialized technologies to management, associates, and cross-platform teams.
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of experience in Technical work in Application Development, Server Administration, Information Security, or Engineering OR High School Diploma or GED and 12 years of experience in Technical work in Application Development, Server Administration, Information Security, or Engineering
- Java 11 and above, preferably includes Java 17 familiarity (Quarkus knowledge a plus)
- Spring and Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring integration, Spring batch
- Maven and/or Gradle
- React JS (or similar JS based UI framework)
- Integration and interface design with SOAP and REST based APIs
- Microsoft SQL DB/JDBC database design and data access integration from service layers
- Docker images and containerization
- Kubernetes and/or cloud based container management eco-systems (familiarity with Rancher a plus)
- Any certifications around Java/other stacks development for cloud deployments or Kubernetes or CI/CD pipelines, a plus
- Application monitoring and troubleshooting tools like Dynatrace etc.
- IntelliJ and/or Eclipse IDE and related tooling and integration.
- Git based source control and knowledge of GitOps
- Agile methodology and sprint-based delivery
- Confluence and JIRA, and other integrations like Synapse RT/ALM tools
- MQ messaging and integration
- Application Integration SAML/OIDC based SSO
- Working with Linux based environments and shell scripts.
- Azure DevOps 2019 or above, knowledge of code promotion via CI/CD pipelines via Azure DevOps 2019. Jenkins familiarity optional.
- Code quality metrics and code review/quality control process knowledge and automation tools for pipeline integration; SonarQube or similar tool knowledge
- Artifactory or similar repository for managing application artifacts
- Secure coding practices and understanding OWASP/CVE remediation
- Performance and automation tools and process understanding.
- Service delivery and production support knowledge. Familiarity with ServiceNow, a plus
- Automated batch and file processing knowledge; CTRL M knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of industry standards for Banking, Treasury and Payment systems - ISO 20022 and/or EDI etc.