10 major new medicines planned for launch over the next few years creating new career opportunities for those who want to make a direct impact on patients at scale. We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine!
The Virtual Sales Specialist is accountable for building and executing business plans to meet sales goals for assigned territory for approved Novartis Ophthalmology products consistent with Novartis' compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements for those key targeted Health Care Providers (HCP's) within an assigned territory. The Virtual Sales Specialist will report to the Area Business Leader for their territory.
This is a remote opportunity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Executes business plans and drives achievement of sales targets for assigned territory, customers, or therapeutic area.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationship with Eye Care Sales Specialist counterpart to ensure office coverage and pull thru with key customers in the assigned geography.
• Executes call plans for customers, including medical experts from customer or academic communities; calls on the right person to deliver the right message with the right frequency. Allocates resources via customer service to effectively sample our target customers.
• Makes effective use of available technologies and channels to support sales calls. Ensure that Novartis products and supporting services are broadly understood and available to more patients and customers.
• Deploys and uses approved Marketing and Sales promotional materials and programs; runs direct promotion and facilitates pull-through activities.
• Uses expert knowledge of Novartis products for Eye Care brands to build pro professional customer relationships and to support sound clinical discussions.
• Invite targeted customers to key programs and other appropriate promotional events.
• Works effectively with other Novartis stakeholders and with resources in Sales and across other functions (e.g., KAM, Marketing, etc.) to achieve sales targets.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for COVID-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for COVID-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers' (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to .
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You'll Bring to the Role:
• Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus.
• 0-2 years in a B2B environment or equivalent experience.
• Expertise in computer technology that is specific to virtual sales or learning environments.
• Expertise in communication and influencing skills.
• This is a virtual and remote position. Candidate must be based within that region. No travel required. No relocation available.
• Experience in the promotion of Ophthalmology products.
• Proven outstanding communication skills (both internal and external) and ability to effectively communicate across diverse audiences.
• Experience across therapeutic groups, disease states and new product launches.
• Demonstrated effective decision-making, problem-solving skills, and strategic thinking with outstanding communication skills.
Why Consider Novartis?
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity, and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams' representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to call + and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
For Field Roles with a Dedicated Training Period:
The individual hired for this role will be required to successfully complete certain initial training, including home study, in eight (8) or fewer hours per day and forty (40) or fewer hours per week.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: