Description About this role What we do
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it's why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges. Business Overview
BlackRock's Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA Investment Risk's principal responsibility is to ensure that the risks in BlackRock's portfolios are fully understood by our portfolio managers and senior management and are consistent with clients' objectives. We also help build "state-of-the-practice" quantitative models and analytics that help inform risk taking and portfolio construction across the firm. RQA team members tackle real-world problems, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skillset to provide tangible solutions in the investment management process. Systematic Multi-Asset Risk Management
You will partner with the Systematic Multi-Asset portfolio management teams to monitor investment risk of portfolios. BlackRock offers a comprehensive multi-asset platform, managing investment mandates across a variety of vehicles and strategies around the globe. Our platform features proprietary tools, expert and efficient trading, and the infrastructure necessary to meet the operational requirements our clients expect. Key Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced candidate with strong quantitative and communication skills to join RQA's Investment Risk team to help manage risk for the Systematic Multi-Asset teams. The role requires an ability to apply quantitative techniques to real-world problems, including analyzing portfolio risk taking and understanding financial markets. The risk manager will be required to take a lead role in facilitating discussions with portfolio managers on all aspects of the portfolio construction process, working with portfolio managers to understand the exposures and risks taken, and providing the necessary risk oversight by ensuring that senior management is advised of risks. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with investment teams and businesses to confirm that risks are fully understood, consistent with client objectives, and appropriately mitigated scaled given the investment risks
- Understanding how macroeconomic factors drive the investment decision-making process
- Helping portfolio managers with portfolio construction and scenario analysis
- Regularly monitoring risks in the portfolios and presenting pertinent analyses on markets, portfolio risk and performance drivers to portfolio management teams
- Apply concepts of portfolio construction, stress testing, risk & performance attribution, and liquidity analysis to real world investment problems
- Helping to define and evolve the analytics and risk management framework over time to ensure adequate risk oversight
- 5-8 years of demonstrated experience in risk management, research, or portfolio management
- An ability to explain complex ideas in simple but impactful terms in order to influence portfolio construction decisions
- A passion for applying quantitative techniques to real-world problems including analyzing portfolio risk taking and understanding financial markets
- Strong knowledge of equity, fixed income, commodity, FX markets and portfolio construction techniques
- Experience with scenario analysis, stress-testing, multi-asset risk models, performance attribution, and other risk-related metrics and tools
- A degree in mathematics, quantitative finance, computer science, economics, statistics, engineering or another quantitative field
- Solid coding skills, e.g. R, Python
- FRM or CFA designation is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.