Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Reporting to the SVP, Federal Solutions, this position architects complex health services or health IT solutions from the industry-leading assets of the OptumServe business and UnitedHealth Group enterprise to meet the requirements of federal government customers such as the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs or Department of Health and Human Services. In addition, this position manages a team of solution architects and contributes to the OptumServe business and growth strategies.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Federal customer's needs with the knowledge of OptumServe's business assets and teaming partners capabilities to develop a comprehensive solution that can meet or exceed the customer's expectations and beat the competition
- Working knowledge of the systems, processes and resources inside the federal customer's infrastructure that all external solutions must integrate
- Understand a broad set of commercial capabilities within the UnitedHealth Group enterprise and how they can be applied to meet federal customer's objectives
- This position will lead teams of matrix partners to translate required capabilities into concrete operational processes and measurement plans
- Interpret vision and translate into requirements for engineering teams, when possible, validate requirements with marketplace via pilots and beta groups
- Pro-actively identify needs/priorities of audience and provides relevant information when sharing insights, including facts and explanation of decision-making criteria
- Work with internal or external business constituents to determine future solution needs based on customer needs and competitive insights
- Explain competitive landscape and how OptumServe solutions compare
- Anticipate what is happening in the market including customer priorities, needs and goals
- Execute on insights learned; Translates data into a compelling value story to shape customer desire
- Review solution performance against expectations and facilitates or influences changes to future solutions to improve competitive position and optimal contract performance
- Analyze data from KPIs and recommends appropriate actions including directing others in data and metric requirements
- Review P&L and budget reports and interprets data including identification of both favorable and unfavorable variances, recommends and/or makes go/no go decisions
- Prepare quality estimation with appropriate assumptions; Helps to evaluate other's forecasts and critically evaluates the information given
- Author original growth strategies based on business plan inputs
- Contribute to M&A strategies and participates in due diligence activities as required
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- At least 10 years' experience in solution development or technical architecture
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities and key factors of the business; displays broad business perspective
- 15 years of experience in a product management function, at least 5 of which are not in consumer-packaged goods
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally with business lines and technology to define deliverables and solutions
- Analytical skills and ability to review data and make fact-based decisions and/or recommendations
- Demonstrated communication skills (persuasive written, oral, and presentation skills)
- Demonstrated experience in complex strategy development
- Demonstrated experience in leading multiple, diverse and complex initiatives in an ambiguous environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to travel when needed
- Master's degree
- At least 15 years' experience in federal health IT or health services in a contractor capacity (business development, program delivery, or operations) or a federal employee
- Demonstrated success in leading development of a federal health services or health IT solution with a total contract value (TCV) of at least $200M involving at least three external teaming partners which was sold to the Department of Defense, Department of Veterans Affairs or Department of Health and Human Services
- Extensive experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience in technology
- Understanding of Department of Defense (DOD), Veterans Administration (VA) and Health and Human Services (HHS) markets
- Able to balance strategic thinking with the urgency to drive work forward
- Adapt quickly to changes in work direction and able to pivot work accordingly
- Develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Team player with strong ability to form working professional relationships
- Experience using data and research to formulate strategic business recommendations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Vice President, Federal Solutions, Washington DC Metro, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote