Logistics at full potential. At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of. At GXO Logistics, our successful sales professionals are excited about connecting with clients, building relationships and seizing opportunities. They love the thrill of the hunt and closing the deal. As the Vice President, Business Development, you will play a key part in driving the Division's growth and revenue by developing and executing strategies to build partnerships with customers aligned with the Consumer Division. The aim of this position is to enable and increase revenue and EBITDA and enhance GXO Americas & APACs profitability through strategic engagements. Become a part of our rapidly growing dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations. Pay, benefits and more.We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan. What you'll do on a typical day:
Lead business development efforts to identify, evaluate, and execute multi-year contractual relationships with customers and maintain relationships with senior stakeholdersStrategize and negotiate complex, multi-year logistics and warehousing agreementsCollaborate with cross functional teams, including sales operations & enablement, marketing, solution engineering and Operations to ensure that partnerships are aligned with GXO Americas & APACs overall strategy and goalsIdentify new market opportunities and develop strategies to obtain new relationships that generate revenue or enable revenue for other sellers in the organizationMonitor industry trends and competitor activity and use insights to inform business development strategiesRepresent the company at industry events and conferences and engage with stakeholders to build the company's brand and reputationDevelop, manage, and provide regular reports on the status and performance of GXO partnerships and their contribution to the organizationWhat you need to succeed at GXO:At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work or military experience
- 10 years of business development or sales experience in contract logistics or distribution
- Demonstrated executive-level sales leadership experience
- Success in selling 3PL services
- Ability to manage a sales pipeline of prospects and multiple business development proposalsIt'd be great if you also have:
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with partners and attend industry trade events
- Experience and a network in the Consumer/Supply Chain industry and a proven track record of successfully negotiating and managing partnerships with customers
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audienceWe engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains. GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers. All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.