Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
The Cloud organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving sophisticated challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
We have a substantial AWS, GCP, and Kubernetes presence of large-scale traditional & containerized systems. This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What we're looking for
Splunk's Cloud group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help lead, design and build the next generation of our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working on the core compute platforms and infrastructure in the next generation of Splunk's cloud offering.
What you provide
What we provide
- Desire to learn and adapt . Our agile team has a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have the opportunity to learn to navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion . Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers.
- Data structures and algorithms. A solid grasp of data structures, algorithms, and RESTful APIs.
- Distributed programming. Experience in working on distributed systems like databases, distributed file systems, distributed concurrency control, consistency models, CAP theorem is an added plus.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages . We have code in several languages, ranging from Go to Python to Shell. In this position you'll be mostly using Go.
- Drive for automation . Find yourself constantly considering, "How can I automate this manual process?"
- Knowledge of technical excellence. Know continuous delivery, testing , security practices, performance, and disaster recovery like the back of your hand.
- Cloud experience . Building and scaling secure applications services, and infrastructure on different cloud providers like AWS and GCP is a plus.
- Operational excellence. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions.
- Keeping calm and carrying on . Capable handling product outage, skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and figuring out the root cause of incidents.
- Linux proficiency . Excited to apply system administration experience and comfort in developing or creatively addressing challenges via a linux/unix console.
- Experience . Eight or more years of related technical work in industry.
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer . We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the need of Splunk's cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship . We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team.
- Balance . We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun . We have frequent group outings and team building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $80,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!