Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
Senior Product Manager, Customer Identity and Access Management
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Sr. Product Manager for the Identity team within the IT Engineering group, you will play a key role in the success of our Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) Okta solution. You will be responsible for driving the overall vision, roadmap and product features we deliver for our diverse set of partners. You will need to use your technical expertise and deep experience in delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, as a Product Owner for this position. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while defining detailed functional requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and supervising key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role.
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal business partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging trends for the domain and how they can be used within the company.
- Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results.
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our customers.
- Author technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business use cases.
- Produce feature requirement artifacts, such as data flows, process flows, decision trees, state diagrams, and system context diagram to support the delivery team.
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes.
- Present roadmaps, complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
- Perform interviews to provide hiring recommendations based on competency and delivery effectiveness.
- Collaborate on ideas and provide feedback on many aspects of the team's portfolio.
- Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
Preferred, but not required
- 8+ years of experience as a technical product manager
- 3+ years implementing and managing large-scale Customer Identity and Access Management implementations.
- Experience working with Okta or similar solutions, that cover Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Deep understanding of common authentication protocols, such as Oauth, OpenID, SAML, RADIUS, or Kerberos.
- Intimate knowledge of Agile methodologies and core values to deliver work within the framework as a Product Owner.
- Independently author well-written technical and functional feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for complex technical use cases.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation skills.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Jose and San Francisco offices to meet with key partners.
- BA/BS or MA/MS is required
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!