Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. Job summary
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Senior Principal Software Engineer that has experience with development, Kubernetes, operations, creating proofs of concepts, and architecture documentation to join us remotely anywhere in the Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) or North America (NA) regions. In this role, you will report directly to the director of engineering in emerging cloud technology (ECT). Specifically, you'll serve as the main technical adviser for the teams that comprise the ECT group and you'll partner with the Platform, Application, and upstream OpenShift teams, among others. As a Senior Principal Software Engineer, you will give the engineering teams some overall direction from a technical perspective with a view across teams. Successful applicants must reside in a country or state where Red Hat is registered to do business.Primary job responsibilities
- Work with the distinguished engineers and architects to establish a clear plan for a rolling 12-18-month period; lead the technical plan for the teams in the ECT group and help champion the progress that's required
- Work with teams outside of our wider group to define goals, set expectations (in partnership with the managers), and ensure that a clear technical direction is agreed upon
- Create proofs of concepts or rough architectures for features or offerings as required and pass on anything you learned to the engineering teams
- Meet with customers or partners as necessary to discuss technical details of offerings and features and answer technical questions
- Operations knowledge
- Solid development background
- Proven ability to create architecture and solutions that can grow with a project or offerings
- Ability to inspire people and bring them together
- Knowledge of Go
- Ability to help shape decision making across teams
- Ability to promote a solid team culture
#LI-REMOTEAbout Red Hat
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.