Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. COVID-19 Response: Currently working remotely and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines with the majority of our offices being remote until July 2021. Upon return, we will be embracing a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote workCulture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and moreWellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeingLearning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networkingSocial Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
Position Title: Sales Engineer - Remote
The Sales Engineer is instrumental in helping drive Elite sales and revenue. The Sales Engineer creates robust Elite product demonstration systems and environments and provides demonstrations showcasing basic to advanced system functionality to clients and strategic partners.
About the Role:
- Deliver sales demonstrations face to face and via remote platforms to prospects and be knowledgeable about the subject matter.
- Build and provide custom-tailored client/prospect demonstrations for proof of concept purposes
- Provides updates to the team about new features and how to use these on the demo instance.
- Assist in the submission of Tender/RFI document for prospects
- Supports the Manager in the management of the infrastructure, develops the environments, maintains and unifies Elite's demonstration environments and works closely with the sales, product and IT teams to build and develop a
knowledge base for effective demonstrations.
- Serves as the product expert in the pre-sales process and creates effective demonstration scenarios with accurate, logical and convincing data. The Sales Engineer is responsible for multiple Elite product lines, and for demonstrating
cross-product functionality as needed to provide client solutions.
- Acts as a liaison and initial point of contact between sales, product management, development, strategic marketing and clients for new product features and enhancements.
- Works with the sales team to achieve revenue targets
- Assists the Regional Sales Directors in managing and maintaining development and roll out of Elite demonstration systems
- Maintains Elite product expertise and effectively demonstrates to senior management clientele
- Keeps informed on competitive activities and communicate information to product development and management
- Develops expertise in product capabilities to assist sales representatives and prospects in differentiating between the products
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3 + years of software demonstration experience, preferably in the legal market place.
- Good SQL query writing skills
- Good C# or VB skills
- Experience with legal industry and financial management software preferred.
- Ability to innovate - to think creatively and outside the box
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Proven customer service orientation skills
- Well developed and excellent relationship building and influencing skills at all levels
- Self-starter, with a high level of self-direction, motivation, and energy
- Advanced PC skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel approximately 50%+ of the time
- Experience with Elite products is preferred, ideally MatterSphere and/or Business Development solutions
What's in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.Accessibility
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .Locations
Toronto-Ontario-Canada;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America