Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
Join us as we pursue our powerful new vision to turn Data Into Doing with the first Data-to-Everything platform. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk is growing our team to help more companies make the move to Splunk. If you are passionate about cloud technology and sales, and driving meaningful impact to a wide variety of customers. Splunk could be the right fit for your next career move. Splunk offers an innovative environment where an eager candidate can advance through our growing partner/sales organization on a learning and earning path.
The AWS PDM Demand Specialist will be a critical addition to the Splunk Global AWS Team. In this newly created role, you will focus on demand generation activities including prospecting, identifying, tracking, registering and reporting on Splunk - AWS sourced opportunities.
You will use multi-modal, targeted campaigns, to help you identify new customer opportunities. Once engaged with a customer or prospect, you will successfully understand customer business issues by using excellent listening and communication skills, demonstrate how these issues can be solved and the unique benefits of solving them with Splunk Cloud.
- Use intelligent prospecting persistence to identify, create and qualify opportunities
- Work with other sales team members to ensure the opportunity is understood and next steps are clearly defined.
- Once qualified, use opportunity management processes to ensure that opportunities are handed off to appropriate sales resources in a timely, customer friendly manner.
- Your success will be measured by achievement of individual and team activity and opportunity creation goals.
- Lead all aspects of Splunk's instance of the AWS ACE Portal and register AWS BANT qualified opportunities in the Splunk Partner Portal.
- Minimum of 5 years of cold calling/proactive prospecting experience within a cloud technology/SaaS fast growing company
- Experience cold calling with a Cloud Service Provider such as AWS, GCP or Azure preferred
- Experience maneuvering through prospective accounts from and into a senior executive level to identify new opportunities in a focused market space
- Record of success in an outbound sales or prospecting role in B2B environments, preferably in a solution-sales/technology-related environment
- Advanced Salesforce.com experience with experience creating dashboards and reports
- Demonstration of interest in developing a technology sales career
- Bachelors degree preferred; Sales degree or sales certification a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Sales team member to help ensure its success.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!