Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join Splunk's growing Compliance, Employment & Risk team which includes Compliance, Litigation & Investigations, and Employment. This person will support the Litigation & Investigations team coordinating closely with the Compliance and Employment teams. This person will be highly collaborative and entrepreneurial, embracing the opportunity to help manage internal investigations and find new ways to improve and scale the Company's global investigations and dispute resolution processes. This person will be flexible, creative, and self-motivated--showing initiative and perseverance, resourcefulness, a strong work ethic, a collaborative approach, and a sense of humor. This position will report to Sr. Corp. Counsel, Litigation & Investigations.
As Legal Counsel, Litigation & Investigations, you will help Splunk build and implement its Global Investigations Program. You will:
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Manage and lead a variety of internal investigations in collaboration with other key stakeholders, including internal audit, finance, and HR
- Partner with subject matter experts and cross-functionally to manage government and other regulatory investigations
- Assist in determining appropriate disciplinary or other corrective action, as appropriate, for violations of Splunk policies and procedures
- Supervise outside counsel relationships, including staffing, investigation strategy, work product, and budgets
- Maintain records of all investigations
- Continuously review and revise Splunk's internal investigations process and playbooks
- Partner with Splunk IT on e-discovery and records retention practices and procedures
- Provide support for other compliance programs and controls
- Enhance the Company's eDiscovery program including maintaining guidelines and processes and ongoing review and assessment of communication and collaboration tools working closely with the Legal Operations teams
- Track and report on status and outcomes of investigations and dispute resolution issues
- Pitch-in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done
The candidate must have:
- J. D. from a top-tier law school and good standing to practice law in the State of California
- Minimum of 8 years of experience at a leading law firm and/or government agency handling internal investigations and disputes across a board range of subject matter areas
- Extensive experience conducting compliance-related investigations
- Experience working with or in a fast-paced global B2B or enterprise software company with a channel sales model preferred
- Deep knowledge of eDiscovery issues, including document retention policies and procedures; collection, review, and production of documents
- Ability to provide practical, actionable advice while balancing risks and business reward
- Strong organizational skills, an ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-moving, quickly-changing environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining an open-minded approach
- Comfort presenting to and engaging with senior leaders
- Experience creating and conducting formal presentations and trainings globally
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) on short notice required
- Sense of Humor!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $125,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!