Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
Job Details: COLLEAGUE TECHNOLOGY SENIOR ENGINEER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Under general direction of the Manager, Colleague Technology Engineering, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing, supporting, and maintaining the systems and processes used to support the Colleague Productivity and Experience team.The Senior Engineer will work to ensure systems and solutions align with modern management methodology, cloud integration, and security and compliance requirements to provide a best-in-class user experience.Multitasking, critical as well as creative thinking, and ability to adapt to a dynamic environment are essential skills for this role.The Colleague Technology Engineering team is responsible for Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SharePoint as well as other colleague facing applications and platforms.Dependent on the strength and depth of knowledge, the Senior Engineer for Colleague Technology Engineering will work within or across the following verticals on the team.Endpoint Engineering: The Endpoint Engineering team oversees the systems that manage the end user computing environment in a dynamic financial enterprise with more than 8,000 desktops, virtual desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.These systems include but are not limited to Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Manager Configuration Manager, Citrix, Microsoft Intune, and Jamf.Colleague Messaging: The Colleague Messaging team oversees the systems that provide the end user messaging environment in a dynamic financial enterprise with more than 5,000 colleagues and non-colleagues.These systems include but are not limited to Microsoft Exchange, Proofpoint, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Cisco WebEx, and Microsoft Intune.Colleague Collaboration: The Colleague Collaboration team oversees the systems that provide the end user collaboration environment in a dynamic financial enterprise with more than 5,000 colleagues and non-colleagues.These systems include but are not limited to Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft's Power Platform.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEEDMust-Have*
- Performs system review, infrastructure design and builds, and maintenance and support activities for the colleague technology landscape. This includes operational support and patching of systems after business hours as required.
- Researches, advocates for, implements, and documents "best in class" approaches to managing and delivering the technology provided by the Colleague Technology Engineering team.
- Perform administrative tasks, assist with other department activities as needed, and performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Works with cross functional teams to identify operational procedures and best practices in accordance with endpoint configuration management strategy.
- Thoroughly document processes, procedures, and technical references for activities performed and systems managed.
- Perform routine reviews of systems and software to determine accurate inventory, utilization and adequacy for demand, and compliance with current hardware and software regulations and requirements. Optimize and automate routine processes wherever possible.
- Technical growth and development.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as Systems Engineer in design, analysis, configuration and maintenance of complex systems software solutions, based on a thorough knowledge of systems engineering and programming concepts and techniques
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
- Experience working in high security/compliance environments like healthcare, government, defense, and/or banking
- Active Directory, Group Policy, and their use for managing user and computer objects
- Wired and wireless networking technologies, topologies, and basic networking concepts such as DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing,
- Subnets, and VLANs
- PowerShell proficiency
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and Azure Active Directory
- Ability to shift priorities and manage change with a positive outcome
- Provide outstanding client service, meet high quality standards for services and meet or exceed client expectations. Proactive in seeking innovative ways in which to help others
- Strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and collaborate well in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage time effectively
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- Endpoint Engineering Focus Skills:
- System Center Configuration Manager, Intune, Autopilot, Jamf, and their use for managing features, settings, and configurations of Windows, Office, and third-party applications
- Windows 10 Enterprise/Mac OS X operating system features, settings, and installation
- Bitlocker disk encryption
- BIOS/UEFI functions and configuration
- Computer hardware configurations and their impacts on performance
- Citrix Application Delivery Controller
- Citrix Cloud, Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.15 CU4/1912
- Citrix AppLayering
- Microsoft Windows 10 Single and Multisession OS
- Colleague Messaging Focus Skills:
- Microsoft Exchange, Azure Active Directory, AD Connect, and General Office 365
- Messaging archiving, retention, and eDiscovery
- Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx, and Zoom
- Colleague Collaboration Focus Skills:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013+, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams, Azure Active Directory, and General Office 365
- InfoPath Forms and Microsoft Power Platform
- Development operations and deployment cycles
- General HTML/Web development skills
- Microsoft SQL experience a plus
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that Legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled