LivePerson (NASDAQ:LPSN) is a leading customer engagement company, creating digital experiences powered by Curiously Human AI. Every person is unique, and our technology makes it possible for companies, including leading brands like HSBC, Orange, and GM Financial, to treat their audiences that way at scale. Nearly a billion conversational interactions are powered by our Conversational Cloud each month.
You'll be successful at LivePerson if you are excited to build something from the ground up. You excel by finding daily opportunities to grow at the same pace as the technology we're building, and you build partnerships that improve our business. Likewise, you're someone who sees feedback as a chance to learn and grow and believe decisions powered by data are the norm. You care about the wellbeing of others and yourself.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Vertica Database Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a Vertica Database Engineer, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and optimizing our Vertica database systems. Your expertise in Vertica architecture, data management, and performance tuning will be essential in ensuring the reliability and efficiency of our database infrastructure. If you have a deep understanding of Vertica internals and a passion for troubleshooting and improving database performance, we'd like to hear from you.
Monitor the performance and health of Vertica databases using appropriate tools.
Proactively identify and resolve performance bottlenecks and issues.
Monitor system resource utilization and adjust configurations as needed.
Perform regular maintenance tasks such as database backups, recovery, and data purging.
Apply Vertica software updates, patches, and security fixes as necessary.
Plan and execute database schema changes and upgrades with minimal downtime.
Implement and manage database security measures, including access control, user privileges, and encryption.
Ensure compliance with security policies and regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA).
Respond to and resolve database-related incidents and outages promptly.
Investigate and troubleshoot database performance issues and provide solutions.
Implement and maintain high availability solutions, such as failover and replication.
Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans and perform regular testing.
Collaborate with application teams to review code and ensure database best practices are followed.
Provide guidance and assistance to application developers for efficient database interactions.
Plan and execute the migration of Vertica databases to cloud platforms, ensuring data integrity and minimal disruption.
Optimize database performance in a cloud environment.
Analyze database performance metrics and optimize configurations and queries.
Work with application teams to fine-tune queries and improve overall system performance.
Develop and maintain scripts for routine tasks and automate repetitive processes.
Implement monitoring and alerting systems for proactive issue detection.
Maintain comprehensive documentation of database configurations, changes, and procedures.
Document troubleshooting and resolution processes for future reference
- Strong working knowledge of Vertica database architecture, including column orientation, compression, projections, segmentations, partitions, high availability, and security.
- Understanding of Vertica architecture and the ability to migrate, install, configure, and manage Vertica systems.
- Proficiency in managing Vertica backup, recovery, and restore operations.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures.
- Strong debugging skills to investigate and optimize query performance.
- Node management, cluster management, and workload management.
- Experience in migrating data across multiple platforms.
- Troubleshooting Vertica database server and cluster issues.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting Unix/Linux system logs and resolving OS/DB-level issues.
- Ability to understand TCP/kernel parameters and their impact on Vertica settings.
- Providing performance tuning and assisting in business process integration with various data sources.
- Performing proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis of Vertica database-related issues to support critical day-to-day business operations.
- Experience in Vertica installation, cluster upgrades, database upgrades, and OS patch level upgrades.
- Proficiency in Unix, Shell Scripting, and Python Scripting.
**Good to Have:**
- Experience in Vertica EON Mode.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud technologies like AWS, GCP, etc.
- Familiarity with Big Data Hadoop and emerging BI technologies.
- Experience in Linux System Administration.
- Strong team player with a self-learning attitude who can excel under pressure.
**Education and Experience Required:**
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Vertica database administration.
If you are a highly motivated and skilled Vertica Database Engineer with a passion for optimizing database performance and ensuring data reliability, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and help us maintain a robust and efficient database infrastructure that supports our critical business operations.
Why you'll love working here:
Your entrepreneurial spirit will be supported. We love team members who chase down their big ideas, become experts, help colleagues, and own their work. These four company values guide our continued, holistic growth as individuals, as teams, and as a global organization. And to further make our point, let's just say we're very proud to be on Fast Company's list of Most Innovative Companies and Newsweek's list of most-loved workplaces.
Belonging at LivePerson:
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to make an impact and be their authentic selves. One way we share and connect is through our employee resource groups such as: Live In Color, LP Proud, and Women In Tech. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We are committed to the accessibility needs of applicants and employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should inform their recruiting contact upon initial connection.