Overview / Responsibilities
Wood PLC, on a global scale, serves the Pharma-Bio, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the center of excellence for our global Life Sciences network. It provides process engineering, process design, and commissioning - qualification - validation (CQV) services to pharmaceutical/biotechnology clients worldwide. For projects of every scale, we provide services that support a facility's entire life cycle to bring life-saving therapeutics from concept through fruition. Learning from our team of industry-leading experts in facility design, regulatory standards, and project management will pay dividends toward your future career.
Our CQV group at Wood is seeking a regional Director of CQV/Validation services
, open to various locations in the United States. The position will be responsible for the regional development, maintenance, and growth of the CQV business.
Primary responsibilities include CQV business development, building a local CQV group (recruiting, interviewing, hiring, team performance), identifying commissioning, qualification and/or validation opportunities, proposal development, project execution, and full responsibility for the profit and loss regional CQV business. This is a seller-doer position
. As a candidate you must have the ability to identify opportunities, develop the team, and assist in project execution.
Previous experience as an Engineering/CQV service provider preferred. Must be thoroughly knowledgeable in pharmaceutical industry cGMPs, commissioning, qualification, validation, and CQV project management. Must have proven capability in leading project teams, scheduling, coordinating the efforts of a multidisciplinary team and identifying and building client relationships.
Ability to effectively interface directly with clients in representing Wood is essential. This position offers a competitive salary, opportunty for growth, and a signing bonus. Skills / Qualifications
Essential Job Functions/Skills :
- Effectively lead project teams managing scope, budget, and schedule to ensure project success is required
- Fostering Wood's relationships with clients, business development
- Ability to travel to client sites
- Business development including identifying potential growth areas and development of CQV proposals
- Hiring of CQV personnel
- Extensive experience in commissioning/qualification/validation and a thorough understanding of cGMPs
- Knowledge of the local pharma market
- Ability to lead and or assist in project execution
Education and Experience Requirements :
- BS Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred); Other life sciences may be acceptable; Educational requirements may be relaxed for suitable experience
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in engineering, commissioning, qualification, and validation primarily in the field of pharmaceuticals
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.