Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
Our remote engagement Sales team supports our customers by providing clinical information about products, educational information, and resources. We support healthcare providers and healthcare systems meet the goals of the patients in their communities.
The Vaccine Account Representative (VAR) is a member of the Vaccine Account Team and plays a critical role in supporting the Company's Vaccines customer engagement model. The VAR is responsible for engaging with assigned customers (i.e. pharmacy, federal/military, physician distributor) in a way that supports the local market focus on population health and centers on the highest potential business opportunities with these customers that will improve our impact on public health. He/she will work with the local market team to understand and identify customer needs, proactively align products and services, support pull-through activities relative to integrated strategies, and ensure that our Company is viewed as demonstrating value and better health outcomes to healthcare professionals and their patients. Responsible for ensuring all activities adhere to the spirit and letter of all Company Policies and US Laws and Regulations.
The VAR reports to the Customer Team Leader (CTL), at our Company's Vaccine Customer Center, and works in close collaboration with broader Vaccine Field Sales team.
Primary activities include:
Account Management & Contracting:
Understand multiple inter-dependencies within an account, consider customer healthcare goals and needs, and maximize account performance by building long-term relationships through collaborative business planning processes and approaches. This includes conducting customer business reviews with appropriate stakeholders discussing the financial impact of contracts and progress/results of targeted vaccine programs and previously identified opportunities to improve customer benefits.
* Maintain complete knowledge and understanding of our company's contract terms and conditions. Apply knowledge of contracts and historical ordering patterns to optimize vaccine purchases for customers and appropriate inventory in support of office protocols, vaccination goals, and seasonality in patient origination.
* Establish and track account performance metrics to evaluate progress and performance, and to assess opportunity and need to adjust plans and associated tasks.
* Apply knowledge of full portfolio of our Company's vaccines, competitive brands, immunization recommendations and protocols to support the integration of a standard of care and the development and establishment of vaccination protocols.
* Manage customer supply, product transition, and back-order challenges and communications.
Build trust with customers and demonstrate value in selling situations to deliver high-quality engagements or interactions that deliver products/solutions with the common goal of improving health outcomes in pediatric, adolescent, and adult populations and across diverse customer segments. Work cross functionally with each Field Sales counterpart to provide support and resources that assist customers in achieving health outcomes.
* Collaborate with customers through solid relationship management skills and leverage customer insights to provide appropriate information and solutions.
* Change customer behaviors by understanding beliefs and experiences and providing appropriate insight that creates a different experience.
* Create a compelling and logical rationale for the value of Company Vaccines (clinical) and Commercial Offers in support of patient health & wellness.
* Ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer healthcare needs, use the insights to position Company vaccines and commercial offers.
Customer Segmentation & Targeting:
Divide assigned customer population into groups of individuals who share similar characteristics and buying behaviors, and apply this information to focus on groups effectively, allocate promotional resources, and drive execution of commercial plans.
* Evaluate and prioritize business across assigned customer segments.
* Apply customer insights to effectively and differentially allocate marketing and field resources that drive execution of sales and marketing plans.
* Communicate our Company's Vaccine clinical information and Commercial Offers in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customize discussions and client interactions based on understanding of customer's needs.
This territory covers: The South Central Region (OK, MO, KS)
Typical hours of operation of our Company's Vaccines Customer Center are 8 am - 7 pm EST, M-F. To provide vaccine information and support to customers across time zones, job hours vary depending on territory assignments.
* BA/BS with 2-6 years Sales experience OR a minimum of high school diploma with at least 6 years of equivalent experience which could include professional sales, experience in marketing, military or healthcare/scientific field that is not sales related (pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical devices).
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
* Self- directed and organized.
* Possess strong interpersonal and leadership qualities with demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining relationships in a professional setting.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills and good judgment.
* 10% Travel.
* Experience working in one or more of the following areas: Pharmaceutical/Healthcare, Sales, Consulting, or Customer Service.
* Experience with Contracts, Ordering and Inventory Management.
* Analytical/Business acumen.
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities..... click apply for full job details