UX Researcher (Remote or Hybrid)
St. Louis, MO
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
We seek a UX Researcher to be a key part of a growing team of UX specialists. You will collaborate with other members of an Agile product team to understand users and their needs so you can deliver the best solutions for the most important problems. You will work to put your users first, whether they are individual patients managing their own healthcare, service providers delivering care, or analysts using health data to guide health policy. You will apply a human-centered design approach based on user research to understand the requirements of the data exchange, health data collection and data analytics and feedback, to ensure that solutions meet the needs of the client.
- Develop research questions, form hypotheses, and select appropriate methods that effectively uncover crucial insights that drive product and user experience decisions
- Guide agile teams to user centered solutions by driving empathy and validating concepts with user interviews, surveys, developing personas, and other research
- Contribute to discovering and developing UX solutions by participating in and leading ideation sessions, rapid testing, and concept validation
- Ensure teams solve problems effectively by leading usability testing, user feedback sessions, and related research
- Work with product leadership to research, understand, and communicate user outcomes effectively
- Contribute to client and stakeholder management by communicating compelling insights grounded in data, advocating for users, and clarifying the rationale of the research process
- 3+ years of experience of applied UX, CX, digital strategy, with a research focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field.
- Able to provide a portfolio demonstrating your design process and deliverables.
- Must live in the United States.
- Master’s degree in human-computer interaction, computer science, library science, or a related field. Demonstrated experience working on Agile development projects.
- Experience in healthcare or other regulated industries.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work successfully with a cross-functional, diverse, and distributed remote development team.
- Strong technical communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Attention to detail to produce client-ready reports and presentations.
- Experience using Human Centered Design and UXD processes to develop a research plan that guides the application design.
- Expert research skills across one or more methods including qualitative, quantitative, and design-based methods.
- Experience facilitating client sessions and user interviews, as well as creating research plans, moderator guides, personas, and recommendations reports.
- Experience with usability testing using design prototypes or existing digital systems, as well as with information architecture testing methods such as card sorting or tree testing.
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility including heuristic and expert methods
- Demonstrated resiliency and experience in client-facing roles requiring tactful communications within fast-moving environments.
- Ability to collaborate with teams using an Agile UX process across many workstreams to iterate user experience and improve user outcomes.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency with relevant UX participant recruiting services, tools and methods, as well as tools used for UX knowledge management and testing such as Dovetail, AirTable, Optimal Workshop, and/or others.
- Strong background in research ethics and best practices for human subjects to protect participants and control bias, including informed consent, personally identifiable information, NDAs, and related concepts.
Please include a link to your portfolio or provide work samples with your application
Working at ICF
Pay Range – There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$75,157.00 – $127,767.00