This job is to be performed by an Economist who is responsible for conducting studies mainly on the US economy and global capital markets. The duties and responsibilities he/she is going to take include, but are not limited to:
- identifying and evaluating economic trends and their impact on capital markets;
- formulating forecasts of future economic developments;
- preparing analytical reports for internal and external distribution.
- Identifying and communicating actionable investment ideas to the sales team and institutional clients. A variety of ideas should be based on solid research, be briefly explained and be easily understood from strategic points of view.
- Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. candidate in Economics or related subjects from a reputable university
- Deep understanding of the US macro-economy
- Good command of English
- Experience in monetary policy research is preferred.
- Extensive work experience with international organizations, central banks and global investment banks is preferred
- Excellent communication, managerial and analytical skills, as well as leadership skills.
- Having demonstrated the ability to create strategic visions and to implement strategies with a proven track record.
- Self-confident and energetic.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as the comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.