S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Technical Implementation Specialist Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only):
6 The Location:
Dallas, Texas and Texas Remote The Impact:
The Technical Implementation Specialist role is part of a team based in Dallas, TX. This is a hands-on role which will require quick learning and a strong independent work ethic. The role is dynamic and provides a fantastic opportunity to be involved in all aspects of client implementations with an emphasis on interfaces and integrations with WSO.
In this role, you will be working with clients globally on technical implementation activities, generally, in an offsite capacity. You will be managing projects along with clients and their expectations throughout the full implementation process from kickoff to completion. You may need to coordinate the activities of multiple teams throughout IHS Markit in order to accomplish this when working on an implementation, and you will need to keep clients updated and the project moving forward as part of ongoing implementations, so there will be an important emphasis on continual project management.
At times, team members may be required to travel to client sites to assist with onsite implementation activities. You will be trained on multiple products and interfaces including TradeIn, Standard interfaces for Ratings, Marks, and others with some cross-training on ClearPar Integration as well. Duties & Responsibilities
Education & Experience:
- Facilitates client training and provides advice on operational issues
- Participates in pre-sales activity, often demonstrating product functionality and proposed timelines
- Communicate with clients throughout the implementation project life cycle
- Coordinates activity of multiple teams involved in an implementation where necessary
- Helps establish cost and time estimates for implementation
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the business and industry
- Make recommendations for implementation of new procedures and best practices
- Supports Management in strategic developments across the industry with particular reference to existing products
- May act as a resource to assist product teams in the Scoping and/or Testing process
- Updates and supports the designated team lead on all business aspects and issues throughout the Implementation project life cycle
- Potentially visits client sites and has detailed working knowledge of how Markit WSO products are supporting their business
- Potentially leads onsite training and implementation efforts at a client site
- University Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in issue troubleshooting, support or similar role
- Exposure to software development & project management
- Experience with Wall Street Office Product Suite
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience in issue troubleshooting
- Working experience in customer facing role
- Comfortable managing change to Production/Business Critical applications in high-availability environments.
- Experience working within a product/application support team
- Knowledge of financial markets or financial feeds would be very useful
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Able to tolerate high stress environment
- Significant customer service focus with high level of ownership
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with practical, can-do approach
- Self-motivated, proactive work ethic
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Passionate about our business
- Sound technical and analytical skills
- Significant customer service focus
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $60,000 to $95,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help
solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
S&P Global Ratings offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
S&P Global Mobility turns invaluable insights captured from automotive data to help our clients understand today's market, reach more customers, and shape the future of automotive mobility.
S&P Dow Jones Indices provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets.
S&P Global Engineering Solutions solves for tomorrow's challenges today by transforming workflows and end-user experiences with data, insights and technology.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.