Underwriting Manager with active DE/CHUMS - Remote!!! Don't miss out on this great opportunity!!!!
This Jobot Job is hosted by Stephen Niedringhaus
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.A Bit About Us
GREAT Remote Mortgage Underwriting Manager Opportunity! Don't miss out!!!! Active DE/CHUMS Required
If you are an experienced Underwriting Manager or Underwriting Supervisor with an active DE/CHUMS (plus a LAPP/SAR would be a huge plus!) and 10+ years of strong mortgage banking industry experience, please read on!
Headquartered in the North Dallas area, we are Texans serving Texans and we continue to grow. Come and join our family-owned mortgage company, which has been helping customers with their mortgages for almost 20 years now! We have continued to thrive, especially during the ups and downs of the mortgage industry. If you are looking for a home with long-term growth, we are looking for an experienced Mortgage Underwriting Manager with an active DE/CHUMS to join our great mortgage family ASAP! 100% Remote is available!
Interviews are going on now!
Why join us?
Family-owned mortgage company with national growth plans!
Very Strong Competitive Base Salary!!! (depending on experience)
Strong Bonus Plan!!!
100% Remote (yes...100%)
Great opportunity for advancement
Great full benefits
Plus a lot more...
Welcome home!Job Details
The Underwriting Manager will help manage, grow their underwriting department plus resolves complex problems while adhering to investor standards.Duties And Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Develops internal training plans to promote internal candidates, create efficiencies, and ensure quality loans.
- Manages day-to-day activities of the department and adjusts workloads accordingly.
- Maintains satisfactory turn times for underwriting.
- Conducts monthly pipeline audits and other technical reviews to improve the performance of the processing department.
- Attends meetings as necessary to ensure loans meet standards.
- Develops and prepares budgets for recognition and reward systems for personnel achievements.
- Reviews and sets goals for accountability standards and measures productivity.
- Ensures appropriate staffing as needed for the department.
- Encourages, coaches, and develops staff.
- Meets regularly with other departments and business partners to discuss strategies for efficiencies and systems.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with internal and external clients.
- Provides daily, weekly, and monthly loan pipeline reports to the CEO and V.P. of Operations.
- Provides daily loan submission to processing reports to the CEO and V.P. of Operations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- 10+ years of related experience/training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to write technical reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, interest, and percentages.
- Ability to exercise tact, judgment, and persuasiveness, and diplomacy with internal and external customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to work with basic mortgage industry software.
- Knowledge of current mortgage industry practices and laws.
- Strong Knowledge of FHA, VA, Fannie Mae, construction, and non-conforming loans.
Apply directly or feel free to email me your latest resume to and let me know the best time to reach you.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.