Berkshire Hathaway GUARD offers a collaborative company culture with outstanding benefits and competitive compensation. Our organization is still hiring during the Pandemic and we're looking for talented individuals to join our team and establish a rewarding career with us.
Our success is founded on our strong reputation, and we have received an A+ "Superior" grade by the leading independent insurance rating organization. Backed by our ultimate parent company, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., our brand is founded upon trust, service, and innovation. If you're looking for an employer with integrity and flexibility, keep reading to learn about our benefits and job openings.
* Work life balance schedule- No Nights or Weekends!
* Generous vacation and sick time
* Closed on all major holidays
* Healthcare benefits begin on your first day of employment
* 401K with company match and profit sharing
* Every 5 years employees receive a generous monetary award to be used toward a vacation!
* Tuition reimbursement after six months of employment
* Discover opportunities to advance your career
* Be part of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., one of the world's most admired companies
Hiring and Working During the Pandemic:
* Virtual interviews
* Virtual and on-site employee on-boarding and training.
* Hybrid work model (Splitting time between working remotely and in the office). In person training is a big part of culture and new employees should be prepared to train on site and in person with a hybrid work model available upon completing the training period.
We have implemented rigorous safety measures and policies to ensure our associates are protected when working in the office including following all federal and local safety precautions and mandates.
Berkshire Hathaway will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and will adjust our policies as needed to ensure the continued safety of our employees.
We are currently searching for an Account Underwriter to join our Intermediate Business Underwriting Team.
In this position, you will be responsible for evaluating, selecting, and pricing new and renewal business based on company standards and within granted underwriting authority.
Candidates must have:
* At least 5 years of Commercial underwriting experience in Workers' Compensation, Commercial Auto, Businessowners' or equivalent with at least 3 years of Commercial middle-market underwriting experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Fluent technical computer skills such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
* The ability to work as a team player
* The ability to effectively multi-task and demonstrate excellent time management skills while exhibiting good judgment
* Must be willing to travel at least once a quarter to assigned underwriting territory with Field Representative to develop agency relationships